• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did Noctua release a Gentle Typhoon?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
peoople on newegg recommend these fans as the best of the best for radiators right now, I been waiting for a month or so to buy some... got too much tied into other goodies to drop 350$ on 12 fans tho... F***in ridiculous... then again I bought a whole case of Gentle typhoon AP30 so i really shouldnt be complainin about price

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

OCN not newegg (sorry for dbl post)

peoople on newegg recommend these fans as the best of the best for radiators right now, I been waiting for a month or so to buy some... got too much tied into other goodies to drop 350$ on 12 fans tho... F***in ridiculous... then again I bought a whole case of Gentle typhoon AP30 so i really shouldnt be complainin about price

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

OCN not newegg (sorry for dbl post)

$358.80 on the 'egg, so, not far off there either.

yeah they were recommended on OCN and newegg has em for that price, they dont seem to fluctuate in their price either

they are definitely similar but not. they dont have the teeth at the base of the blades like the typhoons. nothing aggravates me more than when i have to search high and low for fan specs. if i could find the static pressure ratings i might actually buy one of the typhoons to test out. anyone know what the static pressure of the typhoons is?!
the noctuas specs are impressive (and easy to find. learn from this nidek.) but i wont buy dookie fans, even in a steel no window box. id gag whenever i had to open it up hahaha. ill stick with my black pwm 120/140mm industrials with black corners and phanteks rgb fan frames!

I like the Phanteks fans in my case, and the Corsairs I salvaged from a dying h100i, but I'll probably grab some black Noctuas at some point to see what all the fuss is about. LOL

they are definitely similar but not. they dont have the teeth at the base of the blades like the typhoons. nothing aggravates me more than when i have to search high and low for fan specs. if i could find the static pressure ratings i might actually buy one of the typhoons to test out. anyone know what the static pressure of the typhoons is?!
the noctuas specs are impressive (and easy to find. learn from this nidek.) but i wont buy dookie fans, even in a steel no window box. id gag whenever i had to open it up hahaha. ill stick with my black pwm 120/140mm industrials with black corners and phanteks rgb fan frames!

Those Noctua fans look very similar to the 2150 RPM Gentle Typhoons as far as specs go. Wish I had some to test against my 1850 RPM Typhoons.

Nidec provides some very detailed specs on the Gentle Typhoons:

1450/1850/2150 RPM Gentle Typhoon Specs

3000/4250/5400 RPM Gentle Typhoon Specs

These are not GT's. As one who has had all the GT's, I can tell you they ain't the same. I reviewed the Noctua NF-A12x25 fan here: https://www.overclockers.com/noctua-nf-a12x25-fan-review/. The GTs were not on there because I had to make the grph smaller. Something had to go, and I did not have current models of the GT. You will have to maually compare the numbers, but I did test all the GTs and last published the data here: https://www.overclockers.com/case-fan-roundup-twenty-three-120-mm-case-fans-tested/. I used the same rig so the numbers do compare. HTH

Nothing can compare to nidec gt, i recently tested a couple of fans against the gt ap14, tested for static pressure/noise, and i was disappointed even with noctua. Noctua kinda went asleep while the others improved a lot.
My conclusions were simple, best price for decent sp/low noise: arctic f12 pwm pst although these sometimes are made poorly, if you want a better quality as i did go with silverstone fq121, color may not appeal to everyone.
If you dont count the shipping ek vardar f4 120er are also good for the money.

Fans tested: nidec gt ap14, noctua nf12 pwm, corsair sp120 led, arctic f12 pwm pst, silverstone fq121, enermax t.b. silence 120mm pwm, ek vardar f4 120er.

Corsair was the worst because its super loud...

Last edited:
Need to move serious air? Get a TY-143. Bang for the buck, 120mm mounting if needed, and it moves serious air. Or you can waste your money on the “other” guys :D

Back