• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Different CL timing for triple channeling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkflea

Greetings,

I'm currently using Corsair Dominator model: CM3X1G1866C9D PC3-10700H (9-9-9-24) for my Asus Rampage II Extreme M/B on a Win7 Pro 32x [Triple Channel].

I'm planning to expand my memory by adding and not replacing my current memory module so i could also move to Win7 64x but i'm having trouble finding the same kind of memory, so what would you guys recommend?

One more question, if i have a 3x 1gb (9-9-9-24) [Triple channeling] then add a 3x 4gb (9-10-9-27), would they still run as triple channel??

I recommend you scrap(sell) what you have and get a proper matching set. Not worth the risk of it not working.

2. It would, however your 9-9-9-24 sticks would run at 9-10-9-27 (not a big deal as that is 'looser' timings

so before i proceed on my search for my compatible memory with my current memory. Corsair Dominator model: CM3X1G1866C9D is a PC3-10700H/ DDR3-1866 (9-9-9-24). Correct?? and is it fine if a look for a diff. CL timing as long as it has the same Hrz; Ex. (9-9-9-24) with (9-10-9-27) ??

CL timing is the first number of those four listed. These are also not in Hz.

But yeah same timing and voltage then cross your fingers they work. It should, but for 100% certainty, get rid of those dom's and buy matching sticks. Mixing and matching ram, even with the same timings can cause issues.

Bought the g.skill 1600hrz triple channel memory. So now how do i set it up ln my bios? I only see at the extreme tweaker tab that it reads 1066 only.

Back