• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Different IP on router- is this even possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tea_J

Hi Guys

I've never encountered this before and I didnt know if this was even possible, is it?

Basically my public IP as viewed by servers all over the world is
203.215.xxx.xxx (Philippines)
this has always been correct for years, the IP sequence that my ISP issues on our PPPoE type DSL (Dynamic)

but on my router it says i was issued the following IP:
100.91.46.xxx (USA) <-- wtf?

The reason i realized I had this problem is because ALL my PORT FORWARDING services stopped working REMOTELY/PUBLICLY..

If i visit my IP as expected:
203.215.xxx.xxx
I can access it.. but if use remote services to see if this works publicly, such as alertra, anonymouse.org, etc , it's unreachable..

if i try my Modem issued IP
100.91.46.xxx (USA)
it doesnt works locally nor remotely..

How could this be? is this even possible? that my DSL Modem is assigned this IP yet publicly I am of a different IP?

AND NO, i am not using any PROXIES and stuff .. I have direct connection to the internet.. and besides, how the heck was I issued a USA based IP address?

I am being hacked? i can't think of a logic how I could be hacked in this way also since this is ROUTER/MODEM assignment issue..

hMMmm...

You could have downloaded a VPN from USA and it is on AutoStartup.

negative.. if i was directly connected to my modem, perhaps... but it's not even my PC that's having the problem, the weird IP im getting is on the router/modem side.. and obviously that router and modem is on stock FW w/o such features.. i also have other routers here.. i tried em as well as directly connecting to modem from PC.. all has the same situation..

this is more obviously an ISP issue, but my question though is, how could this be possible? i never encountered such a situation .. my only theory is that the ISP is the one running some sort of VPN or relay, from w/c the IP's they issue are from USA but the whole network is ran through some sort of network attached proxy or some sh*t lol

*scratches head*

Back