• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dimensions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheesy Peas

Hi guys/gals

Im gonna make my own waterblock using a drill press at university workshop, does anyone have some standard dimensions I can use socket A blah blah blah

cheers, oh yeh and how much is copper of a suitable thickness

thanx:beer:

I made the blocks for both my MP2000's on a drill press and cross vice. The copper I got was £3 a block for 50x50mm at 12mm thick. I'm also finishing off a copper northbridge block. I think the athlon processor is 48x48mm if I remember my measurements correctly though...

If you look in the yellow pages under metal stockists and engineering suppliers/materials, you should find a local supplier of all the metal and tools you need. I'd recommend drilling holes along lines marked out for the channels in the blocks, and finishing them off with an end mill (you can get these with a straight shank, or drill bit style shank so they'll fit in a pillar drill) after you use a heavier duty bit to "join the holes" together. I found a wall tile cutter bit for a dremmel works well. Here's the result using this method on a northbridge block I'm making at the moment here

Back