• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Dir-655 bandwidth allocation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RyanCouch

I have a dir-655 and im trying to pipe more bandwidth to my pc. i get 28 mbps download yet i only see 3 mbps at my pc. now i know its nearly impossible to get all 28 to one computer but if i could limit the other devices to 3mbps and have the rest thrown my way that would be great. ive already changed the qos settings so i have priority but that doesnt change how much i get when no one else is using it only that i never get lagged out when others are using it because im not allowed to drop below the 3mbps mark. but i want more as i am a avid torrenter

Router looks fine from a quick look, what is your modem like, that is most likely the problem. And 30mbs speed is not cheap so I am assuming you would like to get that speed (as I am signed up for 30 too, coming from 5mbs, and that was amazing)..

As the router is gigabit rated, you should be able to pull several hundred mbps if you paid for it.

Also is there any other switches in the mess before it comes to your pc or is your pc plugged right into that router?

sorry i never set this as solved i had a TERRIBLE modem that was limiting what each ethernet port was getting including the one the router was connected too

Back