• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Direct comparison between 1x1080 vs 3x360 radiators

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Railgun

I've been looking around for reviews that compare above, but can only find single reviews, not how these kinds of setups would compare.

I have 4x Alphacool UT60 rads with AC F12 PWM fans. I'm soon upgrading and moving to a hardline setup. For plumbing simplicity, I'd like to move to a 1080 rad, and I'm sure that the difference is negligible, but I would love to know if someone is aware of any review of this nature? The 4th rad will stay as I'm looking for the most cooling at as low a fan speed as I can get for most normal operation.

I'd be maintaining the fan setup as well as opposed to moving to a 4x180 setup due to not wanting to get yet another modded case panel.

At at any rate...anyone ever see a compare?

Merry/Happy Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you too Rail!

I would think, not by much at all really, the 1080 would or should perform a sprinkle better because you're not adding more restrictions if you will to the loop. Those 3-4 rads you need to add joints, fittings, tubing and what have you to get them all in serial while a 1080 is a all in one enclosure without the use of those other extra items used to connect the 3-4 radiators. Just the way I see it. Not sure if temps would be different but pressure wise I believe.

I'm not too concerned w/ pressure so much as I'm pushing it all with an MCP35X2. But I would agree with your assumption of general performance given there's a bit more area to cool than with three separate ones. In the grand scheme of things, probably negligible. I'll see if I can do my own tests then.

Back