• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Direct x 9.0 beta 3 Is out !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't that beta have an expiration date like October 31st or something? Thought I read something about that once, could be mistaken.

3d mark score is the same but ut2k3 has much better fps im able to play the inferno map without lagg now.

Inferno has the most demanding fps on that game for me.

How do these drivers work? It says if i dont have some id thing by the time these expire i have to reinstall windows??
Why bother getting these tehN"

its just ms way of cracking piracy, like windows update, u cant update windows XP atall if u have a pirated version, because every new addon out for xp, being drivers or even msn messenger identifies your code of authenticy, if its in ms database as registered and in use by another computer before yours, your ****ed. so any of you out there with a copied version are ****ed, for now anyway, until some smart *** comes out with a fix, new code generater or something to that state. Cheers for now, Turando

residentevil2 said:
i dont see how youre saying expires oct 31st thats a full out lie thier i just clicked the link again it expires jan 8 2003

Personally I havn't messed with it yet, but my information came from a site where someone had posted screenies of the install process, one of which was the October 31 expire warning. The site I was looking at was not entirely in English however.

Turando said:
its just ms way of cracking piracy, like windows update, u cant update windows XP atall if u have a pirated version, because every new addon out for xp, being drivers or even msn messenger identifies your code of authenticy, if its in ms database as registered and in use by another computer before yours, your ****ed. so any of you out there with a copied version are ****ed, for now anyway, until some smart *** comes out with a fix, new code generater or something to that state. Cheers for now, Turando

This might be true that MS is doing this now, but I havent had a problem yet with my Winxp Pro. I get all the updates still and i'm not registered. The easy way around this is to just not register. Out of soght out of mind is what I say and MS has no idea what i'm running on my comp.

Turando said:

you can but not to start talking about that here

cisco kid

residentevil2 said:
i dont see how youre saying expires oct 31st thats a full out lie thier i just clicked the link again it expires jan 8 2003

very strange! The downloaded file is version:

6.00.2448.0000 (Lab04_N(rahulth).010206-1320)

according to it´s properties!

And clicking it - result is what I´ve attached!

http://de.geocities.com/spice_weasel1978/dxbeta9.jpg

EDIT: Didn´t work with the [ img] [ /img] thing for some reason - so plz click the link to see the pic!

EDIT: Seems like the yahoo-webspace doesn´t work .... here another try :D :

dxbeta9.jpg

Last edited:
Im downloading mine right now, and it said that it expires January 8, 2003. Installing now, lets see if it works. Restart time. Any way to download it so I can install it without accessing the web every time?

Back