• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

directing traffic to specific port through godaddy dns

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wagex

Chapstick Eating Premium Member
ok so i own a domain through godaddy. i want to be able to have certain subdomains to be able to be directed directly to a different port.

EG: raid.mydomain.org = www.mydomain.org:887

i just want to make it so i don't have to put the port at the end every time i want to access a certain web server... im only running like 4 of them lol.

ive been googling all morning and a bit the last few days.

i have tried the forwarding i mean it took the my.ip.add.res:887 just fine didn't gimme any error or anything but everytime i try to use connect it says this does not exist or what every.
so in forwarding its setup raid.mydomain.org = my www.mydomain.org:887
but it does not seem to work. must be something i am missing.

edit: i wonder if i have to have domain forwarding enabled. which would be a nogo.
edit2: i guess it can take upto 48 hours for it to work... lol every time i post here for help after searching for hours i find the answer in 5 mins. you guys are so good that you dont even have to say anything? :)

edit 4: i have multiple websites running on the server. for any confusion i had caused.

Last edited:
I was just about to let you know that I've run into the same situation before, and to be patient. Usually it starts working after 24 hours.

Back