• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Dirt cheap low profile video card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jediobi1

hey everyone, thanks to my IT job at the medical center i work at, alot of the departments there throw old core 2 duo computers away and that includes laptops and what i have been doing is picking through them, upgrading the ram and throwing a 80 gig hdd in them and giving them away to people who have a computer that is older or who do not have one at all,

anyway i recently picked up a dell optiplex 745 small form factor pc and am wanting to find a as cheap as possible low profile video card with hdmi and use it as a HTPC since we do not have cable and we watch all of our shows online, but i dont want to spend more than 30 for a video card

does anyone know of a low profile video card with hdmi out that will also carry sound over the hdmi aswell that will work with this computer?

EDIT i found a Nvidia geforce 8400gs 512mb video card in storage and am currently installing drivers and i think this will work great!

Last edited:
Back