• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Discussion on creating a bootable disk for Windows 10 computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jooasy

I read a related thread here, but I didn't get a valid solution ,That's why I created a new thread.
Last week I saw a discussion about how to create a bootable disk , but it comes from 2010 ,I want to continue talking about it , I think it will be useful for my locked computer,
Is there a correct way to help users create bootable disks for Win 10 Computer ? With USB or DVD/CD ?

Microsoft offers a USB tool for just that. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 There are ways to download just the Windows 10 .iso, as well if you want to create your own DVD with ImgBurn, Nero, etc..

Thanks for your advice .I'll try and wait for my reply .

- - - Updated - - -

Some SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB drives can be a little wonky with it, though. Just a heads up.

I haven't tried it, I don't know much about it,but I accept any Suggestions , thanks ,

His suggestion is to stay away from that USB stick as his install didn't happen to work with that stick...that is if you randomly happen to have one.

I read a related thread here, but I didn't get a valid solution ,That's why I created a new thread.
Last week I saw a discussion about how to create a bootable disk , but it comes from 2010 ,I want to continue talking about it , I think it will be useful for my locked computer,
Is there a correct way to help users create bootable disks for Win 10 Computer ? With USB or DVD/CD ?

Microsoft does provide a burn tool , but it didn't work for me .this is the one i used : https://www.iseepassword.com/how-to-make-bootable-usb-drive.html

Last edited:
Microsoft does provide a burn tool , but it didn't work for me .

Go to the Microsoft page for downloading the tool, using Internet Explorer (bear with me). Press F12. When the box opens at the bottom of the page click on the "Emulation" tab. Now, in the bottom left corner is a menu box labeled User agent string. From the menu select Apple Safari (ipad). The M$ page will refresh and when done you'll be on a page that lets you just download an .iso of Windows 10 without their stupid tool. The tool is designed to use within Windows. The emulator tricks the M$ page in to thinking you're on an Apple OS, so you can't use the tool. So it gives you an .iso of Windows 10 for download. :D

W10a.jpg

Microsoft does provide a burn tool , but it didn't work for me .
There are a lot of burn tools on Google, but I know who has tried it, and I don't know which ones are really as helpful as they say.

It says there is an update when I open it. It's the only software I've found that burns music files in the exact CD format, and my CD player is a picky pain in the rear. If it doesn't get a pristine disc formatted and burned exactly like a commercial CD, it just sits there and looks at me. There is a fix for it but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Back