• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do add in sound cards make a difference? Please read OP.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hyper x cloud s at the moment but have used many different cans with similar results much lower volume

I tried with alpha dog’s all kinds of expensive headsets just not the volume I need sound is fine just too low for my old ears

It's funny, I was looking around at ~$300 headsets (think Im settling on the Arctis Nova Pro Wireless) and ran across a review for those Hyper X's. I know you said you used other cans, but at least this review had the same complaint about them not being loud (on a different audio codec). I wonder what the impedance is on my Arctis 7s compared to the Nova Pros and the Hyper X are....

would impedance matter on a wireless headset since the sound card isnt driving them directly?

would impedance matter on a wireless headset since the sound card isnt driving them directly?
Ohhh... good point. 👍

Either way, a reviewer said these are quiet, so.... can't hang my hat on the codec (especially now with that wireless point).

Not using wireless.
Post magically merged:

ps I think the headsets are being confused I'm using these

EDIT: good review

Last edited:
to add to this... the other day i noticed a new buzz coming from my headset, i use my ATH Pro5X with a swapped cord that has a mic on it and a usb headset adapter from an old plantronics 777 headset that has separate inputs. it kinda bummed me out but i knew it was probably time to swap it, its seen some stuff and i just looked it up and holy crap its almost 20 years old... anyway

i got on the amazon and found this for a good price:

its pretty good, like i say i'm not a big fan of creative and their long term support but these work with out the drivers and software from them
however...
alot of the features are unavailable if you dont install their software, like changing the impedance and other such possibly important things. also i think audio technica under rated the resistance on these headphones because i had to change that setting in order to get a decent listening volume out of them, similar problem with the one before.

clear sound, no hissing, humming, whining from any interference i figured for $17 its worth a shot, but i still wont get a more expensive internal card from them.

the one thing i did forget about creative is their software, like way overly done for simple settings to change, like the phrase lipstick on a pig comes to mind for some reason.
also the un relenting "register now" **** that installs with everything else.

its not 1989 any more, you dont "register" your stuff for no reason like you used to before the internet is like it is now

Back