• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

do i have a leak?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yairz

While going through my cables, I noticed a little drop of water on the motherboard, and what looked like soaked in water, I looked underneath to see if there was anything resembling a puddle but I didnt see anything. I had paper towels all over where the fittings were and on parts where water would have dripped. When I removed the paper towels, not a single one was wet and/or damp. I built this rig in a room near the bathroom (if that counts for something) I also ran the loop for testing for nearly 3 days ( 4 hours each day) with the reservoirs open because I had to work and couldnt afford keeping watch all day.
Please help me out, I'd rather not dismantle it; but if its necessary, then I will. Thank you in advance

Attachments

• 24463047_1468802413241245_1670834356_o.jpg
    24463047_1468802413241245_1670834356_o.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 64
On the backside of the board, vertical in the case? Not likely a leak IMO.

yes on the backside of it, around the cpu stand support bracket thing. looks like a smudged stain and theres a drop on one of those little dents, the imgur link shows some better images.

I really hope so I was honestly really excited to finish it tonight and I noticed it and couldnt really bring myself to actually power it up as I didnt wanna fry the motherboard. Quick question, can I use plain paper towels to rub off the drop and the smudge off or should I just leave it be? Also, the other images are from a yellowish liquid that I got after I drained the loop. this is a new build and since I have a limited amount of primochill vue I didnt wanna waste it in case of a leak and hence I used distilled water to test, I did leave the reservoirs open for 2 days and i may have used a bit of olive oil to bend a few tubes. (in case you're wondering as to why I didnt mention it even though the images are together.)

The yellow residue sounds like it came from the oils you used and I would have flushed the loop a bunch of times till it shows up clean. I hope you flushed everything and cleaned the new gear, checked things before you assembled it all.

As for the MB, if you don't feel anything wet and you have ran a towel to those spots and inspected it all, you shouldn't have to worry about it. Just run you fingers to each point of possible leaks like your fittings and make sure all your blocks aren't leaking. If all is well, especially after days of running it for leak testing, I believe you're good to go.

The yellow residue sounds like it came from the oils you used and I would have flushed the loop a bunch of times till it shows up clean. I hope you flushed everything and cleaned the new gear, checked things before you assembled it all.

As for the MB, if you don't feel anything wet and you have ran a towel to those spots and inspected it all, you shouldn't have to worry about it. Just run you fingers to each point of possible leaks like your fittings and make sure all your blocks aren't leaking. If all is well, especially after days of running it for leak testing, I believe you're good to go.

To be completely honest I didn't, only the radiators.
Ill flush the system a few times today. I did it once yesterday and cpu block was a bit cleaner. Honestly i also dont think i have a leak since if i did, itd show on fro t of the motherboatd and not the back, i just wsnted to make sure since you guys know more than i do.

Back