• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Do i need CPU-Z ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gh0sT-NoVa

Not sure where to post this , i guess this is the only logical place.

As title said, because i only downloaded since i saw many people used it to show their system specs. But while i downloaded well....i feel i have no use for it lol.

What else do you guys use this for ? Do you think i will even have use for it???

It's helpful for trouble shooting as it shows alot of info to others to see what may be causing issues with an overclock and just to check that the CPU and memory are running at the speeds they should be. Other than that the only time I use it is submitting benchmarks to Hwbot as it's required in the screen shots.

It's helpful for trouble shooting as it shows alot of info to others to see what may be causing issues with an overclock and just to check that the CPU and memory are running at the speeds they should be. Other than that the only time I use it is submitting benchmarks to Hwbot as it's required in the screen shots.

O i see , just as i thought i guess, but problem is i don't do OC lol.

But is there any software that can detect how much wattage your PC is currently taking ?

Also any software , one software itself , able to see all the % of usage of your CPU , GPU , RAM ?

Its up to you.. do YOU need it? You know what its for... so...

I know its quite a stupid question to ask lol , actually what i meant is what does it actually does besides showing your current PC specs , CPU volt consumption , RAM timing etc.

There might be more to that , that i might have use for it , but apparently as i thought its only useful for Overclockers

But tks for the replies :)

Its not a stupid question, its just not up to us. You know what its used for, and if you need it. :)

EVERYONE should have it!. :p

At least, for benchmarking, its an important software.

But i don't benchmark either lol =(

Sort of out of topic with this question.

Now that INTEL CPU state that their CPU have this INTEL TURBO BOOST thing right ? How does it work , and what it actually does , its auto ? or you have to activate it or something ?

From what i heard its like ur CPU is 3.0ghz it will boost up to 3.2ghz just for a temporary moment and then it back to 3.0ghz ( without your need to OC it )

That's what i t hink at least lol.

I keep CPUz around, but mostly because I change clocks and motherboards and such a lot.
If you aren't planning on doing any more OCing than you already have, you won't need it.

That's quite a neat technology , but i believe even have them too if not mistaken.

Even so Overclocking its still a better way lol :thup:, though i don't OC as i mentioned :bday:

Hmm since mine is a Ivy Bridge , my friend is a Sandy Bridge I7-2700K

His is @ 3.5 ghz , mine its @ 3.3 ghz , who's faster , well logically his 0.2 ghz faster , but Ivy Bridge its a later technology.

So i my guessing is my I5 3550 is faster :shrug: ?

The I7 and I5 aren't they the same CPU , both are 4 cores , only I7 is a higher end with more clock speed , cache etc right ?

Yours is still a bit faster as its about 5% faster clock for clock. Turbo isnt used really when overclocking, its for stock clocks.

Yours is still a bit faster as its about 5% faster clock for clock. Turbo isnt used really when overclocking, its for stock clocks.

O nice , but i think 5% isn't much but least its good to know im slight faster :D
Not to mention my CPU is cheaper too :clap: He bought was over RM 900+
Mine its only RM 620 :thup:

But then again he can OC it , his using a Maximus IV Gene Mobo too. So its no problem. But he doesn't know how to OC

there is another use for CPU-Z that most people never think of: It lets you find hardware revision info so you can download drivers if you have no idea what in the world motherboard you are fiddling with and it isn't printed on the board.

there is another use for CPU-Z that most people never think of: It lets you find hardware revision info so you can download drivers if you have no idea what in the world motherboard you are fiddling with and it isn't printed on the board.

Guess i will just leave it on my PC then i could use it to check a few things time to time.

Is there any software i could use to see the % of load / usage on my CPU , RAM , GPU ?

CPU , i know Core Temp is able to.

GPU , well on Catalys controller but i prefer another program for it.

RAM , actually my keyboard can view.

So if there's one for GPU i am open to suggestion.

But if there is a program just itself can do all it be better :D

There is a gadget that shows CPU load and ram use. Not sure about GPU load though. Why do you need to look at GPU load while you are playing a game? You can use MSI Afterburner's OSD (On Screen Display) to do that.

You could delete the program now and download it again if you do need it. I'm not sure why this discussion has gone this long.

There is a gadget that shows CPU load and ram use. Not sure about GPU load though. Why do you need to look at GPU load while you are playing a game? You can use MSI Afterburner's OSD (On Screen Display) to do that.

That's quite a good question lol. I guess i just want to see how much is the game pushing my GPU and is my GPU struggling to handle the game on ULTRA / HIGH or is it a stroll in the park

Actually more likely its if well that is if , but so far none , while im playing the game i experiencing some lag / spike i would want to know which hardware its taking a toll , what i experience is before my old PC , sometime the game lags because my CPU was being pushed to like 90-100% usage, so i guess my CPU back then wasn't able to handle it.The GPU i think was ok.

Hmm i guess we can close this post nothing much left to discuss.

Back