• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do these temps look bad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So I have been taking old case fans I have lying around and removed some from the old CM 690 II case, and the temps haven't really budged. I think I am just going to go with a new CPU cooler. The Corsair H100i is on sale at Tiger Direct for $90 shiped after rebate, seems to be a good price.

The Noctua NH-D14 is a flat $78 shipped from Amazon with Prime.

Which do I go for? I kind of like the Corsair, but the Noctua is a little cheaper and seems to perform just as well, $20 less. The added benefit of the Corsair is that I don't have to buy fans for the top since I believe it mounts up there.

Air coolers are cheaper, quieter and have less chance of failure.
You hear of CLC problems way more often than you hear of problems on air coolers.

Someone mentioned the Dark Rock Pro 2, and it is on sale at NCIX for $80, so I bought that. The shipping was expensive at $9 so I am just picking it up since they are around 20 minutes away from me! Hopefully it runs much better than what I have now. I need to mess with the voltage too, the auto OC is running the voltage at 1.3v, which I think is a lot for a modest 4.2ghz with a 2600k. It was just so easy though to hit the button...

The best of air coolers are realistically within a few c of each other, so you'll be getting one of the top end air coolers, particularly one that boasts some nice numbers compared to even the D14.

Back