• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do this temps sound right for a 920

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ddawson

Room is 20.5C
Idle in Real Temp jumps from 33c to 35c

Load temps using LinX holds stead at 65c to 66c

I'm using 1.25v and have the CPU at 4Ghz with 20x200

It's a cpu only loop with stuff I have in the sig. If it sounds off I'll try a remount but I wanted to see what others may be getting.

I was going to tell you that was way to high, and you couldn't have a 20 mutli with a 920..than I saw it was an Intel 920, not an AMD...good thing I realized it before I made myself look silly! :screwy:

I have the same OC as you do and I'm a few degrees warmer with crappier H20 stuff.

EDIT: im on a C0 as well so that could also factor.

80* is the get scared limit really. I've had mine to 86* mind you not for very long.

Man I'm jealous of your overclock! My i7 920 won't touch 4.0 Ghz at 1.25 volts. I have to go over 1.4 volts to get 4.0 Ghz.

Room is 20.5C
Idle in Real Temp jumps from 33c to 35c

Load temps using LinX holds stead at 65c to 66c

I'm using 1.25v and have the CPU at 4Ghz with 20x200

It's a cpu only loop with stuff I have in the sig. If it sounds off I'll try a remount but I wanted to see what others may be getting.

The temp looks good. However, I am running a TRUE with 2 fans on push/pull and have the exact same setup for OCing as you. ie 4ghz, 1.25v, roughly same temps (ambient 31c, idle 48c, LinX 75c). What RPMs are you running your fans for your rads? Mine's 2000rpm (it's loud).

I am seriously thinking of hitting WC soon.

Wes

I wouldn't loose too much sleep over it, but based on you configuration/ambient that's sort sort of warm.

Technically it's warm. As far as a 4Ghz D0 at 1.25v goes he's seeing the temperatures he should with a quality loop. I'm at the exact same settings under a dedicated loop (tried and true on i7) and 65 is almost precisely what I'm seeing at a low ambient like that. Typically my room temperature doesn't drop below 22 though, which is likely why I normally see ~70deg under load
Not that all chips are equal, but those core temperatures are very good IMO.

Man I'm jealous of your overclock! My i7 920 won't touch 4.0 Ghz at 1.25 volts. I have to go over 1.4 volts to get 4.0 Ghz.

That's because you have a C0. Grab a D0.

IMO if you got 4Ghz on a C0, it isn't worth the extra money going to a D0, unless it is really hot. Save up for a SSD/next gpu series instead :p

IMO if you got 4Ghz on a C0, it isn't worth the extra money going to a D0, unless it is really hot. Save up for a SSD/next gpu series instead :p

I agree. Especially since they run at the same bloody temperature. To me low voltage isn't much use unless it has some head reduction associated with it. That being said, this new D0 will clock significantly higher which leads me to believe that i7 can manage heat rather well.

But Bytor said he was jealous, so.

Back