• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does all Nforce2 mobo w/ Nforce2 Ultra 400 have PCI lock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gakkuken

sorry folks, if this is somewhat stupid question to ask, but please forgive me as I have been into P4 for a sometime now...

recently bought a barton 2500 0344 and a epox 8rda3g w/ nforce2 ultra 400 chipset, i have it running at 213fsb w/ my mushkin pc3200 level2, and i am just curious about the issue w/ pci lock... does it have it? thanks a lot!

Exactly. The PCI Lock is a feature integrated into the chipset, so the mobo makers wouldnt be able to turn the feature off even if they wanted to.

gakkuken, i'm not sure what you're getting at. nforce2 is the chipset, so they're all going to have it. my shuttle does, your epox does.

Tebore said:
Hmm I've heard rumors that some Boards don't have the lock, like the early MSI boards. I think all boards with the NF2 400 Ultra chipset have them

yeah, that was what i was trying to figure out...
thx for the info

all vers of the n2 chipset has pci/agp locks even the non ultra chipsets the n3 for the 64s has pci lock as well not sure about agp .

The nForce3 150 chipset does not have a PCI lock. I believe it uses a 1/5 divider for the PCI bus. It only has an AGP lock (66MHz). The upcoming nForce3 250 doesnt have a PCI Lock either I dont believe. The VIA K8T800 has neither AGP nor PCI locks. The SiS 755 is the only current A64 chipset that has PCI/AGP locks (33/66).

non of the nf2 boards have a pci lock either as far as im aware, i know my nf7-s doesnt

it locks the agp bus, which in turn locks pci bus i believe, if you lock the agp speed to 66, you lock the pci to 33, lock the agp to 70, you lock the pci to 35, thats the way i always thought it worked

i certainly havent had any corruption issues with this board like i used to have with my kd7 thats for sure, so i can only assume that the agp also covers the pci bus

CalsonicGTR said:
The nForce3 150 chipset does not have a PCI lock. I believe it uses a 1/5 divider for the PCI bus. It only has an AGP lock (66MHz). The upcoming nForce3 250 doesnt have a PCI Lock either I dont believe. The VIA K8T800 has neither AGP nor PCI locks. The SiS 755 is the only current A64 chipset that has PCI/AGP locks (33/66).

The ECS 755A2 failed Anandtech's PCI lock test. It is a SIS 755. http://www.anandtech.com/chipsets/showdoc.html?i=1968&p=4

the n2 boards have a pci lock thats what makes them so ocing friendly.like intel boards the pci and the agp r set to 33/66 in the chipset bios where as the via boards r not,they have the 1\6 but other than that no way to lock the pci or agp on via.i dont believe any web sites have reported anything different for n2 chipset that is.

Back