• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does it boot? Well no...but yes.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UltraTaco

Taco is puzzled.
Ram is mushin enhanced 1333 8gb(4gb x 2)

When my system is overclocked as seen in photo, ram works at 1600, even passes aida64 overnite(15hours),

Screenshot_20200508-122418_Gallery.jpg

But when I set everything to defaults, PC won't even Post at 1600 ram.:sly:

Screenshot_20200508-123033_Gallery.jpg

How com? I also tried keeping voltages elevated and she won't werk. 1333 boots fine, but no 1600.

Asus p6t deluxe v1
X5670
1333 ram 8gb:salute:

Well in both instances, timings were set to auto and in the overclocked version when I booted, cpu-z shows 9-9-9-24, which are default timings. They passed aida64 stability at 1600 at 9-9-9-24. That makes me believe it is probably stable, or at least bootable:clap:

Let me try going uber hi timings, I'll update this post EDIT: 11-11-11-30 no post

What is QPI/DRAM core voltage? Is that the IMC? Does it have an auto setting? What's stock for that?

QPI/DRAM is memory controller. It is often labeled VTT on other boards. Default is 1.2v on Asus. Some other boards do 1.1v(evga I think)
It is set to "auto" in second screenshot where everything is defaults except for ram speed. No post there.

qpi dram should be memory controller voltage, while dram bus voltage is memory voltage. You have tried both of them with a bit more steam?

Aye Sir. It almost appears like some sort of glitch.:shrug:
Ah well, no matter. It's more of observation post, rather than problem post.

also note that ram of that era, some was 1.65v and some was 1.5v. I would potentially offer up 1.65 to your ram and see if it likes it.
You just need to make sure that if you are giving 1.65v to the dram you will need to give at least 1.2v on the qpi dram controller. It was said that ram should never be more than .5v differences between the two

Aye Sir. That ram has seen 1.76v (and of course my qpi/dram was also bumped to stay in spec)
That ram is 1.5v on paper.

BIOS updated ? Have you tried clearing CMOS in case it's just bugging out ?

Mu friend>> [BiOs is///updated] well,,,,, as updated as >>>>>>> IT CAN????
hmm.
Fascinating....
Last {upDATE} >>DaTeS to a>round 2009. Hmm.
No more>>>after, hence......LAtest?
Fascinating.

Haven't tried clearing cmos yet my frnd. But in new life, very soon shortly after, I will try. Tomorrow starts a new generation. It will show the way of stability. Or not.

Aye mate, it's a no go. Reset everything back to 2002 clock and she still won't boot to ddr3-1600 at defaults. Only boots to ddr3-1600 when overclocked.:shrug:

I think those cpu were only rated for 1300 and above that is overclocking

DDR3-800 & 1067 was standard. 1333 was already an overclock according to intel, but she happily boots into 1333. Well, she also boots into 1600, but won't do when cpu and everything else is at defaults.:D

Edit: I stand corrected. i7 topped out at 1067 default. Xeon does 1333 at defaults. You may be right, Mr.Rob. she just won't do it probably because confusion>> out of {spec}

Last edited:
That 4gbx2 ram can't go very high, but my other kit. 3x1gb 1067 can do 2000.:D
Besides, it was like 30 bucks!

Back