• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

does my mobo support sli

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaitlin4599

ok so i have an HP Z400 workstation with a xeon W3565 cpu and 16 gigs ram i cant seem to find any info on the web as to whether or not my mobo supports sli heres the info i got from SPECCY

hp z400.JPG

My only suggestion is to contact HP and ask that question. I would be surprised if it did. Those workstations were not made for gaming. They are production machines.

the mobo does have 2 pcie x16 slots also i tried the hp forums but the idiots there woulsnt help me because they dont support what isnt listed as a supported piece of hardware

the mobo does have 2 pcie x16 slots also i tried the hp forums but the idiots there woulsnt help me because they dont support what isnt listed as a supported piece of hardware
doesn't that last part answer your question? It's unsupported?

If that isn't answer reach out to hp...not the forums.. hp.

I don't see in its specs where the mobo allows sli. There is one slot dedicated for gpu according to what I can find..
http://joyofandroid.com/best-firewall-apps-for-android/

Last edited:
doesn't that last part answer your question? It's unsupported?

If that isn't answer reach out to hp...not the forums.. hp.

I don't see in its specs where the mobo allows sli. There is one slot dedicated for gpu according to what I can find..
http://joyofandroid.com/best-firewall-apps-for-android/

Joy of android EarthDog? :)

It definitely supports multiple video cards, which would make you think that SLI would work. LINK

SLI.JPG

HP tech support should be able to answer directly. I would think if it supports Quadro SLI, it would support GTX SLI.

I am not speaking from experience here so make sure you check with HP.

Last edited:
pm hp tech support.
multi slot boards support multi card but may not support sli or crossfire.
as an example, amd fm2 boards support crossfire but do not support sli, you can use two nvidia cards for work but you cannot sli them, I can fold on two gtx970's but i cannot select sli.

I have two X58 MB neither will SLI Quadro cards just for info, of the card listed above only the FX 3800 has a SLI bridge connector as I remember and being they say you can use two cards it probably works in SLI Multi View not SLI FSAA the latter being what the question is about.

Where do you get it supports Quadro in SLI? I don't see it from the pic you attached but it might say something in the linked info which I did not take time for anything but a quick skim. It does say it will do dual dvi with an adapter, i.e. a "Y" splitter. Neither dual dvi or running dual video cards is the same as SLI.

Back