• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does SETI lose track of tasks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drshivas

Sith Lord
I'm crunching for SETI while the Rosetta disaster continues, and all is well except for two boxes that are crunching fine, but their RAC is very low or zero and they have been crunching for four days now.

I checked the tasks on the website for each computer, and the one that says zero RAC shows only one active task, with no others pending, validated, or in error. My client message log shows that computation was finished for at least a dozen tasks.

What's going on? Should I detach and reattach and start over?

EDIT: I double checked that these boxes are folding under my username.

Seti double checks units to make sure they aren't miscalculated, you don't get points until someone else crunches the unit and gets the same result.

What's you'r seti userid? We might be able to take a look to see if things are "flowing".

Bob's correct, though, you won't get credit until some of your work units have been validated by another client. I have over 200K credit sitting out there waiting to be validated, pretty sure others have even more. It will flow it, eventually, and you'll get those credits eventually as well. Think "slow build".

For example, this is my oldest unvalidated from Dec 9 last year: http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/workunit.php?wuid=664806387

Thanks folks. I figured it out. The suspect computer is listed twice, and it must be from when I attached and detached accidentally. :rolleyes:

Back