• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Don't Believe The Hype - The Intel NUC 9 Is Probably NOT For You!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

TLDR: "The Intel NUC 9 Extreme is an odd concept. The NUC 9 Element cards will be expensive when they're released, airflow is terrible and older mobile CPUs are being used. But there may actually be some use for the NUC 9 Extreme."

Whew thanks for the save, NUC's have always been so notorious for their airflow and cpu power, I can't believe they would put out a product such as this.

Whew thanks for the save, NUC's have always been so notorious for their airflow and cpu power, I can't believe they would put out a product such as this.

Sarcasm is beneath you my friend :D

I was actually looking at the NUCs just a few days ago, and shot the idea down quick. Was seeing some of the Extremes pushing $2k for the higher end i7s with Vega graphics (might've been the last gen, didn't look to close), and this video showing ~$1k for an i5 system, pre-RAM and HDD/SSD, doesn't help sell me on the idea. That just seems to be closing in on gaming laptop prices, and with the laptop you can still tuck it off to the side and use it like a desktop with a built in UPS and secondary monitor...

I have several NUC's and like using th em for everydays tasks. At the prices they are showing the the new one, no thank you - and right up front on that

Back