• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Double Image on new crt?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RoyalAssassin

Registered
Just got a Samsung SyncMaster 793mb, and the there appears to be a ghost like double image to the right of everything. It's most noticable with black text on a white background. Anyone know how to fix this?

I'm running dual-monitors and it's not a problem on the second monitor. Running a geforce 5500 w/ 81.82 drivers.

Heres a picture of what's happening, I made some black lines on a white background, and as you can see there is ghosting of the lines. It almost seems like a convergence problem, i dunno.

Attachments

• lines.jpg
    lines.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 554
Last edited:
Well, i hooked the monitor up to a different pc and the screen looked a lot better...much less ghosting. So I figured it was a videocard issue.

I then hook it back up to my pc and put an ATI card in, but the problem is still there, so now I'm not sure what the deal is, but am pretty sure its a driver problem, any other ideas?

Do you have a different video cable you can use, perhaps one from another PC or a spare? There are plenty of reasons that can cause what you are experiencing. A bad cable can be one. Easy to troubleshoot by trying a different cable. I'm not familiar with model numbers. Is that a CRT or LCD screen? If it is an LCD screen, does it have a power supply built in, or does it use an external one, like a wall wart? If so, do you have another power supply of equal or greater current capability you could substitute? Do you see the problem with your video card, whichever one you use, set at different refresh rates? Just throwing out some ideas.

Hoot

Its a crt, and the video cord is attached so that's a no go. And yea I've degaussed it to no avail. I'm stumped

I think I figured it out...it's just doesn't like 12 x 10 resolution. 8x6 looks great, 10x7 looks pretty good, and 12 x 10 looks not good. Ah well, glad I only paid $11 for it at bestbuy.

i dunno, i have one of these i garbage picked, PLUS another on the family comp. never had issues like this, however, the nvidia card has given me problems just like this...acutally it was an AGP slot issue. it would handle one monitor, but not 2

and if this is a dual setup, maybe your DVI adaptor is shot?

I know nVidia has some real issues supplying dual monitors though, id look at that before the monitor. Could also be a bent pin.

Back