• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ok what is going on here.........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thedarkdad3

Registered
ok what is going on here.........

I just keep running into this problem. My rig lose all power to USB PORTS and does not come back online and I have to shutdown and restart.

Latest Drivers USB and Chipset
Latest BIOS
Purchased New Gold Power Supply 05/07/2016
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017HA3SO0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

was happening on Old Motherboard (purchase new mother motherboard)
https://www.amazon.com/MSI-X99A-GOD...1494273668&sr=8-1&keywords=msi+godlike+carbon

Ran Aida64 Stress test in overclock (system did not crash or lose power to usb)

current specs
###My Main Rig### Nicknamed "BooS"
*Display Samsung 28inch 4K, 3840x2160 //4K resolution
*Storage 1 OS/Samsung EVO 1TB m.2
*Storage 2*=x2 Seagate 4TB IronWolf NAS SATA 6Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache
*Storage 3*=x1 SSD Corsair Force Series LE 960GB
*GPU* = nVidia GTX 1080ti Founders Edition
*CPU*=Intel Core i7 5820k Overclocked @4.4ghZ/
*Cooing* H320 X2 Prestige WaterCooled
*MB*=MSI X99A GodLike Gaming Carbon LGA 2011-v3
*RAM*=Crucial Ballistix\64GB\DDR4 2200mhz
*PSU*=EVGA 850 GQ, 80+ GOLD 850W
*CASE*= Enthoo Luxe Full Tower Chassis(WHITE)
*NZXT Hue+ Lighting Kit*
5-fans total too

- - - Updated - - -

To make the issue occur. I play The Division (full res) and Launch Xsplit Gamecaster (latest version) after 10 minutes all usb power shuts down.

- - - Updated - - -

Also other small USB things connect

Logitech USB Camera C922*
Blue Yeti Mic
Rosewill Card Reader
Elgato HD 60s
Samsung USB Blu Ray Burner
Razer Black Widow Chroma
Logitech G900

- - - Updated - - -

already tried Turn Off Power Management on your USB Ports.

In device manager check each USB hub (double-click to see their properties) to see if power management is allowed to power them off. Sometimes on my old computer they would not "wake up" after they were powered off.

Hope this helps

do you lose usb 3.0 and still have usb 2.0 functions or are all usb ports dead?
I had one case with bad usb ports on the front, it would lose all usb, unplugged the front case ports cable and all other ports were fine so, unplug the front usb port cable and see what happens.

do you lose usb 3.0 and still have usb 2.0 functions or are all usb ports dead?
I had one case with bad usb ports on the front, it would lose all usb, unplugged the front case ports cable and all other ports were fine so, unplug the front usb port cable and see what happens.

I am using a
ORICO 10 Port USB 3.0 HUB Super Speed Splitter Adapter VL812 for Laptop PC hot

- - - Updated - - -

everything on mainboard loses power. It appears my MIC was still getting power but thats plugged into HUB. Just a note this is when I go Heavy OC MODE CPU and heavy OC Mode for GPU. daily day to day web browsing 4k youtube/videos/movies/adobe /clu ray encoding.

All is fine.

maybe this is an x99 thing? it happened on my other motherboard also!

Shed load of usb devices there... you have 3A on the 5Vsb, but maybe you are taxing the port the hub is coming off of?

Edit: looks like that orico is powered...i assume thats plugged in to the wall?

Have yoy tried taking a couple devices off and see if it still happens? Have you considered the device is failing...assuming im understanding you are losing only those devices?

Edit2: ok so every usb you lose...interesting... how many total devices are on usb??

Last edited:
Logitech C922
Yeti Mic
Logitech G900
Razer Black Widow Chroma
Blu Ray Burner External
Razer USB Headphones
Elgato HD60s
Seagate 5TB External USB 3.0
Rosewill Car reader (that feeds into motherboard)
USB Cable going to UPS

- - - Updated - - -

whats weird is this only happens when i game and use xsplit gamecaster

(maybe ill try playing without gamecaster and see if that works)

There you go... troubleshoot... if that doesnt work, take a few devices off...if that doesnt work, go down to one and work your way up..

that's how I found mine, started with just the usb keyboard and mouse dongle in it, moved it around and then added things back in.

Back