• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Download Windows Server 2008 R2 RC Today!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Guvernment

Yup, it is out.. so what is the big deal?

Well, rumor is 2008RC2 is basically Windows Server 7, but since it only has minor changes, they dont want to release it under a new name, much like Windows Server 2003 RC2.

Going to be downloading this soon and putting it on a test rig to see how it does!

There has been a lot of talk around Windows 7 and it only got louder with the recent release candidate. Not to be forgotten is the simultaneous release of the Windows Server 2008 R2 RC. There are great changes coming to the R2 version of Windows Server 2008. Our team was on tour over a month ago with EnergizeIT highlighting them with some of you in the various communities across Canada: Branch Cache, DirectAccess, Hyper-V 2.0, and more. I put together resources in this edition on these changes to share with you.

While the teams for Windows continue the push to RTM, our team is busy capturing the learning's from the events and activities that took place over the past 12 months to get ready to apply them to our next cycle of activities which will mainly kick off again this fall. Registration details for programs like TechDays, AlignIT, Ignite your Career for example will all start to happen as early as July. Registration details will be available in the Flash later in the summer. I want to remind you that your feedback goes a long way in helping us improve our existing activities. I invite you to email me, find me on Facebook, or follow me on Twitter to share that feedback. (Hint: Follow the links below my picture). Enjoy this week's edition of the TechNet Flash.

LINK:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/evalcenter/dd459137.aspx

Windows Server 2008 R2 has reached it's RC (Release Candidate) milestone and those of you on MSDN and TechNet Plus can download today. I sat down with Ward Ralston in what was supposed to be a 5 minute chat about R2 and ended up around 20 minutes. This guy loves what he does and it shows. Ward brings us up to speed on what is new in Windows Server 2008 R2 for us IT Pro guys and shares how his experience as an IT Pro impacts how he views the new features.

LINK:http://edge.technet.com/Media/Windows-Server-2008-R2-RC-Interview/

It's 2008 R2 RC2, in the same manner that there was an R2 for 2003. 2008 Server itself is not new (I've been running pre-R2 for months).

Yes 2008 is vista based, 2008 RC2 RC is more windows 7 based, so may be a little snappier and they added other options.

2008 is nice but still suffer from poor network performance with out doing some dos commands to change some settings.

for the most part 2003 is fine for most people, for me i needed x64 bit and finding x64 2003 drivers for many things was a pain, where as server 2008 had the drivers included.

Back