• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dozer future

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kitty2Kat

Registered
Since Bulldozer didn't go over well or perform as it was supposed to, I know that Asus/Amd had a schedule of future processors, names etc...so whats the name of the next cpu coming late 2012 off of bulldozer???
I'm wanting to build a new rig around the Asus Crosshair V mobo and I'm waiting for a good cpu...I don't plan on over clocking and I'll be running a Linux OS.
Anyone here got the schedule of whats coming out from Asus/Amd as far as Cpu's?

Linux can be a little behind the curve in supporting new chip architectures. Give is some time and don't take the jump right away. A good example is the current generation of AMD APUs.

I just installed Ubuntu 10.10x64 on my APU...driver works fine. Upgraded to 11.04 and then to 11.10, and the driver I know works on 11.10...but I don't have an Asus, so....you know, the worst thing you can do is try it and find out it doesn't work.

And of course, that's Ubuntu as well. I wanted Suse, but the installer flaked on me, and I'm not the linux guru I was 4 years ago. Most of the reason is that whole "We want everything to be free open source" but you have to go and edit a lot of stuff that shouldn't have to be edited. And the fact that the KDE team killed KDE4, Ubuntu's new GUI sucks and is meant for different people, and when you ask for help removing DRM from a video, you're told to not buy DRM stuff, instead of helping someone out.

Back