• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Drivers missing after reinstall win7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UrankUtank

Lots of BSODs so had to re-install Win7 64 on my machine with Asus P8z77 V Pro mobo, Intel 3770K, 16 GB Ram, Crucial M4 SSD and a bunch of SATA HDDs.

Installation went fine but it seems some drivers are missing or devices are not properly recognized. I am especially worried about the items next the red line.

588apparaatbeheer.png

1) Is it normal to have 5 HID Interfaces?

2) The Ata Channel 0 and 1 devices have hardware id 1b21-0612 and a google search leads to an ASMedia SATA device. Does this mean that I have to run the ASMedia driver installation software that came with the mobo again?

Other thoughts?

Last edited:
I have no idea what an HID interface is... that also appears to be in German or something.

As far as sata channels go, take a trip to the mobo mfg website and DL the asmedia sata controller drivers (so yes to #2).

If your doing a Fresh Install of Windows, then i would look to install all the Drivers from the Asus Motherboard Web Site as EarthDog Said!! :thup:

This seems to be the best way to do this!! ;)

1, Chipset
2, Lan Drivers
3, USB Drivers
4, Any Sata Port Drivers.
5, Audio Drivers.
6, Last of All your Video Card Drivers.

After the Chipset Drivers was Installed you must do a Reboot!! Then when you have completed the rest you Reboot your system again!!
Once you have completed this you can download you Video Drivers and once installed you Reboot again for the last time. And then you should be good to go and fully completed. ;)

In this Video it will give you a full run down how to install all your Drivers and in which ones first. So good luck and if any problems please come back to OCF Forums. :salute:

AJ.

Back