• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DRM flile Acqisition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ascii2

I am looking for a media file that contains Windows Media DRM. I fail to find an instance of a Windows Media DRMed file.

Where may a Windows Media DRMed file be acquired for free?

Almost any Windows Media DRMed video or audio file would be acceptable (please nothing greater than 2 GB). Aslo streaming content would also be acceptable (I think).

Any CD. Rip with Windows Media Player (WMP). Open WMP, and goto the Tools/Options/Rip Music settings. Set it to rip to WMA format, and select the "Copy Protect Music" tick-box.

PS - I hate DRM :p

:cool:

Omsion said:
Just wondering, what are you planning on testing?
I plan to test how the DRM functions on different computers with Windows Media Player 7.1 and Windows Media Player 9.

Also, I hope to develop a modification of Windows Media Player 9's handling of the DRM.

Unfortunately it appears that there are multiple versions of Windows Media DRM. This complicates things.

Is the a way to Windows Media DRMify (yes, I made DRM a verb) a file without copying it from a CD?

Randyman... said:
Any CD. Rip with Windows Media Player (WMP). Open WMP, and goto the Tools/Options/Rip Music settings. Set it to rip to WMA format, and select the "Copy Protect Music" tick-box.
Thanks Randyman....

Although I did not see the language "Rip" anywhere in the Windows Media Player 9 interface, I was able to figure out what to do.

Oh - you are on WMP9. I haven't used that since 10 came out :) Glad you got it working, and good luck on your project. Sounds "deep" ;)

:cool:

Back