• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dropped my Laptop (inside its bag)..... questions..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tea_J

Hi Guys

Just wanted to ask quickly.. i dropped my Laptop, a 15" ASUS ROG Notebook (pretty heavy) from about 3 feet high on to concrete.. i didnt see its exact position upon drop (flat side, sharp side (?)) .. but everything seems to be ok... im using it right now.. *paranoid*

I just wanted to know if there's anything I should be worried about internally?

From what i think it's just the HDD that is prone to damage from this type of drop (protected by a bag w/ good padding) .. but the laptop is on SLEEP mode so i believe the hDD is parked/off.. no damage there.. me thinks (i will run bad sector check tonite though just to make sure)

but what else could be damaged? LCD seems fine...

THanks all.

TJ

If it was off/parked, is working now and the screen looks fine, then you should be good.

Just watch the temps, a heatsink may have become improperly seated which has the possiblity to damage parts.

Hope everything turns out to be okay. :thup:

Basically everything bmwbaxter said - watch temps just in case, run a hard drive scan and back anything important up if you're really worried, but overall if it seems to be working, then it is working :D

Back