• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ds3 ver 3.3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Audioaficionado said:
Edit: Wow you aren't kidding about that MCH/Northbridge. I started having problems rebooting XP without the BIOS settings reverting back to stock after a hang during post. I touched it and it was too hot. That sure is a lame looking HS. I'll have to look into getting a heatpipe on there unless it's glued down with epoxy. I've backed down to 2.66/333 for now.

Im having the same problem.You think its from that

got the ds3 for 122 shipped from mwave.com, 3.3 version, would have been 133 shipped but they had a $10 sign up bonus thing that was good for one day on orders over $100, so that was nice.

My ds3 rev 3.3 easily does over 515 fsb. Did it on my cousin's e6300, my e6300 however hits a fsb wall at 475. I am really liking the ds3 so far, seems like a solid board.

ManChild said:
Well Thats good news. Mine will be here Friday. But I got to get a pci-e card :bang head . I am waiting for the 8800 gts to go down a bit or I will get a 8900 gs in the second quarter.I got patriot 667 ram.I hope that board will accept it. 1.8 volts.

i recently purchased the 6200 freetech from newegg.com, $30 after rebates, and it can be unlocked to 8 pixel pipe lines from 4, and easily oc's. After tweaking with it, it is suppose to be very near the 6600gt, so i figured that card would hold me over for a few months until i decide to get a top of the line pci-e card.

I got a rev 3.3 from newegg. I bought it on 2/26/07. I'm not sure what gen version I got though.

zbomb5610 said:
i recently purchased the 6200 freetech from newegg.com, $30 after rebates, and it can be unlocked to 8 pixel pipe lines from 4, and easily oc's. After tweaking with it, it is suppose to be very near the 6600gt, so i figured that card would hold me over for a few months until i decide to get a top of the line pci-e card.

well I was thinking about evga step up program. I can get a 7600gt for about 109.00 then get a new evga card in about 90 days or so. Have anyone here tried the step up program before:shrug:

if my backplate comes soon from thermalright ill put on a evercool as well just ordered one since i lost my other one or threw it out lol =[

redrumy3 said:
if my backplate comes soon from thermalright ill put on a evercool as well just ordered one since i lost my other one or threw it out lol =[

Yeah i just slapped this thing together when i got everthing because i couldnt wait and do it right the frist time so there is no wire management at all which i plan on doing this weekend .So ill put the evercool on then

zbomb5610 said:
got the ds3 for 122 shipped from mwave.com, 3.3 version, would have been 133 shipped but they had a $10 sign up bonus thing that was good for one day on orders over $100, so that was nice.

My ds3 rev 3.3 easily does over 515 fsb. Did it on my cousin's e6300, my e6300 however hits a fsb wall at 475. I am really liking the ds3 so far, seems like a solid board.

Just out of curiousity, what kind of memory were you using when you hit 515 fsb and what were the latencies?

xfarm31 said:
Just out of curiousity, what kind of memory were you using when you hit 515 fsb and what were the latencies?

i popped in my cousin's crucial ballistix, 5-5-5-15 running at 515 x 2 = 1030.

ManChild said:
well I was thinking about evga step up program. I can get a 7600gt for about 109.00 then get a new evga card in about 90 days or so. Have anyone here tried the step up program before:shrug:

i did the step up from a 7800gt to a 7900gt. Pretty easy to do it also, just send back the old card with the difference they tell you to pay, and then they send you the new card, pretty fast also.

I actually got lucky because i had a $25 rebate on the 7800gt, but they didn't account for that in the difference i had to pay, so i pretty much had an even swap.

I received my 965P-DS3 mobo from newegg on 2/26/2007. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box and found that it was indeed a rev 3.3 motherboard! =) I have it running with an E6300/Zalman CNSP9700 LED/Arctic Silver 5 @ 400x7, 1:1, 2800 Mhz stable. 2 hours of Orthos and 2 weeks of hardcore gaming and not a single problem. I bumped the vcore up two notches from its default to find its sweet spot, set the ram timings to 4-4-4-12 and upped the voltage on the ram by +.3 to change it from 1.8 to 2.1. I also locked the PCI bus at 100 Mhz and upped the voltage on the PCI Express bus by +.1.

I just received my Buffalo PC2-8000 (D9GKX!)

I'm getting 555FSB max! It's running at 550FSB now. Too bad the multiplier is 6x because it requires 1.55+V for around 4Ghz for me. (and the temp gets around 70C at 1.55V.)

It was shipped with F9 BIOS. Flashed to F10 BIOS.
Voltage and RAM settings are the same as my result with the OCZ ones except the FSB overvoltage is now at +0.3V instead of +0.2V.

My friend's rev.1.0 hit a wall at 499FSB with my RAM.

I guess rev.3.3 really did improve alot on the overclockability.

gigabit said:
I saw his box and its the same as mine..Up in the corner it says about the FSB1333 and then right under were it say's 965P-DS3 it has a sticker that says GEN 2.0.By the way i got mine from Club it and he got his from Newegg

And SL9T9 is the Allendale core.Thats what i have thats why i asked you if it was a SL9T9 they are the native allendale core's?

http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SL9T9

Allendales do not support VT, and according to the Intel page, the SL9T9 does support VT. Ergo, your SL9T9 is not an allendale core.

iirc the only distinction between allendale and conroe is the amt of native L2 cache. therefore, i would say that wikipedia info is correct.

"Virtualization Technology supported by: E6x00"

So Allendale or Conroe with a E6x00 number supports VT per that Wikii link.

Hey is there anyway I can uninstal my old motherboard drivers without formating. How many guys are running vista with your new board . I got both xp and vista just wondering which one is the best I am on xp right now. HeY my card will be here Friday ....I stay In Florida

Back