• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Core and AGP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

desolateincbus

i looked at the new intel dual-core processors on ZZF and I've noticed that it only works with certain chipsets. i've been thinking about building my next rig around either the Intel Dual Core or the AMD64 X2 but I want to keep my 9800 aiw pro card. the problem i've found is that motherboards with the supported chipsets use PCI-EX instead of AGP.

so now I am leaning toward building one centered around the X2, however all I know is that it will be used on socket 939 boards. does anybody know if this processor will be chipset specific like the intels?

It should work on the 875 boards since the chipset supports dual cpu, but it will take a bios update...

Also the nf3 boards support X2 and have AGP.

yup nf3 chipset should work with all socket 939 stuff including new dual cores. might need a new bios updates for some boards.

Back