• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Fan PCI Cooling Fix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4oh4

Registered
I need a fix for a temp problem that I have. I have all new stuff in my system and I don't want to get into voiding warranties with huge CPU coolers and all. So, I believe that I want a dual fan PCI card to aim at my Sapphire GPU. Any ideas on a possible option for this? Also, I prefer a fan with either no or optional LEDs as I find them pointless. Thanks.

Instead of putting a band-aid on the problem, you should actually fix the source. What exact hardware are you using (specifically case and fans)? Do you have pictures of your setup?

Edited my sig to include all of it, and the system picture is my avatar now. And I have three 90mm stock fans on the NZXT H2 and an additional 120mm added to the top (the CPU and GPU fans aren't counted in this, of course).

Also, everything on it is stock (even the additional 120mm fan is an NZXT), and I do not overclock. I just notice ridiculously high temps after some time playing Minecraft and/or BF3 Beta.

What kind of temperatures are you seeing? Do you have a larger picture than your avatar? I can't really see anything.

I probably need a more reliable temp monitor than the back of my hand on the case, so do you have any suggestions for some decent temp monitoring programs? I'm pretty new to this.

RivaTuner for the video card, Core Temp for the processor.

Running about 60C on the CPU and 70C on the GPU, according to AMD Overdrive (I just dl that to cut down on application footprint and it's native). I know this isn't incredibly, alarmingly high, but I just don't like a ton of hot air running out of the case.

No matter how good your cooling, it is going to exhaust the same amount of energy. I'm not sure why you are worried about those temperatures, as they are within spec. If you post pictures of your setup, we might be able to help you lower them without spending much or changing coolers.

Whoops, thought he was using an Intel for some reason. Good catch.

Back