• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual sound device solved in Windows 8?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flixotide

I was curious if anyone knows whether or not its possible to output 1 sound stream to two devices in windows 8?

Its not poisslbe for WIndows 7 afaik. - See this thread on Win7 taskforce.

Sometimes I just want to watch / stream som bball directly on my pc, other times I use the HDMI out, to watch it in the living room. But to get sound in the living room, I have to change the output device, and vice versa enxt time I want to have sound on the PC agai

Anyone?

Cheers, Flix

I was curious if anyone knows whether or not its possible to output 1 sound stream to two devices in windows 8?

Its not poisslbe for WIndows 7 afaik. - See this thread on Win7 taskforce.

Sometimes I just want to watch / stream som bball directly on my pc, other times I use the HDMI out, to watch it in the living room. But to get sound in the living room, I have to change the output device, and vice versa enxt time I want to have sound on the PC agai

Anyone?

Cheers, Flix

I'd be interested if you find an answer on how to make it work in WIN8
I ran into the same issue with Windows 7, very frustrating...

From what I've been able to read, the issue isn't Windows in itself, but a limitation in DirectX.

There are quite a few threads on the issue, and some claim, but are unable to supply specific instructions, that it can be done using realtek's audio control panel. But I'm at a complete loss here.

Cheers, Flix

I've temporarily eased my pain by downloading the latest realtek codec drivers from Realteks homepage.

After indstalling it, rather than the windows 8 default, I get a quick switch panel, allowing me set the default output device quickly. See attached picture.

Its certainly not a solution, but it alleviates the hazzle of going windowskey+X, control panel, sound, set to standard, OK every time.

Cheers, Flix

Attachments

• realtek_quickkontrol.png
    realtek_quickkontrol.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 157
Back