• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dually

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hoytron

Now that I've been talked out of buying a P4, I will be getting a tualatin celeron. I would like to get a dual board that will let me run a tualatin celeron 1200 @ 1600 now, and then upgrade to two tualatin P3s later. Basically, I need an overclocker-friendly dual tualatin board, if one exists. Anybody know of one?

that's it

Is this my best bet? It's kind of expensive. Also, I heard that pentium 3's with DDR is a waste. I have plenty of PC133 on hand, so I's prefer not to have to buy new memory. Especially if it's not going to be utilized.

If you want one of the best PC133 mobos try out the VP6 from Abit. There are a lot of users here in the forums that can give you some advice of this one.....

I have the Iwill DVD266u-RN and it's a sweet mobo. It's stable and as I was going to buy new memory for it I went DDR.....SDRAM is slowly being a legacy product, sooner or later you'll have to change to DDR.....And the boost is a little help, I dropped my SETI crunching times from 7:35 h per WU to 7:10 h per WU at stock speed.

???

The VP6 doesn't support tualatin cpus. Also, the memory performance of DDR over SDRAM with the pentium 3 is very, very small. Though it is aging, SDRAM is still the best bang for the buck with pentium 3s.

The 230T does not have any overclocking features. I am not sure if soft FSB works on it. The one thing the Iwill has going for it is the DDR helps offset some of the Via memory bandwidth problems. Do a search at 2CPU and you should find some Iwill owner's comments.

Well, if you are going to use Tualtins then I think that the only option you have is the Iwill.....no other mobo manufacturer produced a dual PIII mobo with tualatin support.

5-8% of increase surelly will be worth it also :)

The motherboard is stable, has good oc options and good features. I can tell the following from my personal experience with it.

Integrated sound. It's good enough for me as I'm no sound loving guy. It's adecuate for games and for playing CD :)

Overclocking options. They are good you can vary the FSB from 66-200 in 1 MHz increments, the only problem I find is that you are usually running a higher FSB than then one you inputed. Currently I'm running at 100 MHz, but using WCPUID I can see that I'm running at 102 MHz. YOu can vary with a software menu the Vcore of the two CPU indepently, and can vary the DIMM Vin with a jumper.

Tweaking: You have lots of options at the BIOS including the running of the memory syncronously or assyncrously. YOu can adjust the CAS, the bank interleave and the agggresiveness of the other memory settings.

Connections: you have 3 USB headers, one in the usuall place in the connections of the mobo and two other headers that will need a jact to connect 2 more USB ports each. You have an integrated network adapter that I haven't had the chance to test yet (as I don't have a home network, but in the future I'll test it), a card reader port, a IR port and a SMPbus, if you care about them.....

I'm very pleased with this mobo a fully recomend it.

Back