• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dualscreen in winxp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FrenchNut

Registered
i just bummed my roomates DELL (i dunno the exact brand) lcd for summer. i hooked it up next to my sony 17" sony crt on my radeon 8500. So heres my question: vcan i have a normal (max is 1024x 768) on lcd? also, can i have a fullscreen prog in my sony (games, movies...) whiole still be able to click on the other without minimizing the fullscreen? :D :mad: i suk.

Last edited:
while most lcds will do just fine at 1024x768, you'll usually get better image quality running it at it's native resolution, but it won't hurt to run it at 1024x768.

as for one full-screen prog on one while using the other, yes you can. i'm doing it all the time ..

thnx a lot. my roomate actually came back before i could do much with his lcd. But next time hes out ill already have ultramon running and ready for that lcd/ :D

I know you can do full screen games and 'see' the second monitor. I do this all the time. For example I'll put up my MBM5 on the secondary screen and perhaps a bandwith and CPU performance monitor. I'll then open up say UT2003 on the main screen. I can see everything and still play the game BUT . . . IF I want to switch from the game to the other screen I must Alt+Tab etc...

ULTRAMON !!!!!!!!!!!

Z

EDIT:: As far as watching a movie full screen If you are using media player I do believe you can jsut slide off the movie screen to the other monitor. I know this ability is very dependant on whether the actual program you are running in full screen mode has multi monitor support.
I only have one gripe with UltraMon. I cant move the UltraMon task bar to the top of the screen instead of the bottom. But I would pay for it 6 times over just to have that program.

Yes you can move the Ultramon taskbar to the top of the screen.

In the bottom right hand corner of the taskbar, there's a little 'extend' marking. Click and hold on that, and move it to where ever on the monitor you want it.

Oni !!!! you are a GOD man LOL. I have wrestled with that since I got UM. I had the bar 'locked' so that little corner tab wasnt there. All is well in the world as I am a happy boy. Thank you

Z

Back