• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ducting w/ 2 fans + HS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
timmyqwest said:
i dont know if a pic is really needed.
duct taped the duct to half of my a/c, duct taped that to my case,

A/C just solves all of our problems :D If only the inventor knew what a great accomplish he had made for computers im sure he would be so happy *sniif sniff*

koontz946 said:
rather, duct tape solves all of EVERYONE'S problems... there is nothing duct tape cant do :) :)

I agree with that as well. "If you cant duct it.... " I'd like to finish the saying but its not G-rated heh :p

the few parts i am waiting on to be able to complete the system are supposed to arrive tomorrow... ill post results as soon as i get them.

that is, if everything goes according to plan...

This is just an idea... im not using a hsf on this comp atm and i cant really do this mod on my other comp... but my idea is would it help having two duct intakes that turn into one infront of the CPU?... i might be doing this soon if i can get ahold of a new case :p

i would say that it wouldnt really make a difference... that is, unless you dont plan on having a fan / hsf on the cpu, in which case it would be better than having just 1 intake, imo.

whether you have 1, 2, or 5 intakes, they are all going to have to pass through the fan on the cpu, and that is the deciding factor on how cool it'll get. imo, it would only be better to have more intakes if the fans on the intakes were slower than the one on the cpu, that way the hsf would have enough air to constantly cool the cpu.

Back