• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dumb Power supply Q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Samoyed

I have a new Gigabyte boad with an AMDII dual core CPU. The board has a 24 socket power connector and a 8 socket power connector. The manual seems to imply that my OLDER Antec True Power plugs can be used. My older plugs are 20 pins and 4 pins respectively.

Does this sound right? They plug in physically and the manual seems to say that u can use the older connections... BUT I don't want to fry anything. They are hooked up now and they keyed in fine. Before I fire this thing up I just wanted to check with my favorite experts here at OC. :santa2:

It should work fine and the P4 connector on the PSU will only go one way to fit into one half of the 8 pin female socket on the motherboard. You can't get it wrong because the pins and holes are different shapes and will only fit one way. It should work fine at stock clock settings but if you try to OC the CPU it may not supply enough power to make it stable.

Back