• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dumbest hardware ideas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol now i haven't seen that. Like my battery lasts too long and it needs more stuf to drain it.... I agree on the 5.25 thing. I mean you might as well of just said "well why did they bother making crts when lcds are so much better" worst "innovation" ever goes to the jewel case. How many jewel cases have you had break!!! or snap your disk!!!! oh yeah and the cAPS lOCK.

The volume control on the CD rom is freaking stupid. Never used it in my entire computing history.

/\\/3|2o said:
The volume control on the CD rom is freaking stupid. Never used it in my entire computing history.

I actually think I've used this before. At school we were allowed to bring headphones and cds in to listen to while we were working on CAD stuff. When you use the headphone jack on the cdrom, the volume knob comes in handy.

I remember playing Digger, loved that game. But I have to say the worst innovations have to go the multimedia keyboards with all those buttons(i.e. "webcam", "messenger", "homepage"...). I have never used any of those multimedia buttons on my keyboard except the volume control.

Front Mic and Audio ports on a case when you have a sound card....:( I had to mod my Audigy to use the front headphone jack on built into the case that has special star shaped screw heads so I can't remove it).

The lead weight in my old logitech dual optical mouse. Like I need more weight in this monstrosity. I removed it and my hand doesn't ache after a few hours of Wolf ET (it's in a draw, got an mx now).

PCI-E......I know it WILL be useful, but why buy a mobo when with pci-e, even with all the money in the world, you can't buy a new high end vid card to go into it.

I was looking at the locking mechanism on my computer case the other day. So I can put a lock on it and the side panel is secure. But the other side panel can still be easily removed. For that matter, the whole case could be lifted and removed from my house completely.

I got a logitech elite and I pretty much only use the F keys in video games for buy scripts and stuff like in CS/CZ, and I always have to turn the freaking F lock on, sure it's a pain in the *** but hey, I get around.

Back