• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duron and Athlon O/Cing Experiences

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shade00

I'm not new to the AMD O/Cing scene, but I had recently set up a P4 rig because someone kindly donated a P4 2.0a to me. Anyway, I had two AMD chips sitting around, unoverclocked (because I thought they were dead), so after I discovered that they were both working chips, I decided to O/C them and see just what I could get. Well, to my surprise, they both did far more than I expected. The Duron 1.2 hit 1.5 at default voltage and the Athlon did the same. It was just a test rig to see if they would post so I can't attest to their stability, but I'm going to see if I can't get a hard drive hooked up to it soon so I can see just what they're stable at. Anyways... just sharing yet another good AMD experience :D

The athlon could believe would make 1.5 (I had one that did). That Duron probably won't make it into windows at that speed (many had a hard time doing 1.4ghz overclocked).

Yep, Durons certainly aren't the best overclockers. I'm going to see if I get a Windows install on it to check for stability. I don't think 1.4 is out of reach for stability.

As for the Athlon, it's a DYHJA stepping. I haven't tested it for stability either, so I can't say if it's just posting at that speed or it's actually working. I was very surprised to see it hit 1.5 without a sweat though.

Back