• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD burner software for DVD PLAYERS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

haroon158

Registered
Ok, so I have google'd around but I cant really seem to find one that doesn't add a watermark right in the middle of the screen. I want a DVD burner software that can burn a 700 MB avi movie onto a 4.7 GB DVD that can be played on an old DVD player.

aah thanks haha I didnt know that. But What program would I use to burn it to DVD that is free?

I have nero but I never used it before and when I do want to burn a DVD its data burning is that any use?

I think you are confused c6. Handbrake creates mkv or mp4 files from dvd's or other source files. It has nothing to do with creating dvd's. I use convertX myself and it works dern good. DvdStyler is free but I tried to use it and it didn't give me good feedback and so I canceled the job. ConvertX (~40euro) is the only one I know of that just plain works, providing you are not using a (huge) 10gb mkv to start with (which in itself would not need converting at all-lol).
As for burning a video_ts folder or iso, imgburn will do it for free. I use ONES myself. It's simpler.

Last edited:
After converting avi to DVD .vob file, the instructions should have mentioned how to create a VIDEO_TS folder out of the .vob file.

However, the easiest thing to do may be this:

Install Windows DVD Maker:
http://wl.dlservice.microsoft.com/d...535-427C-9A95-507A3566F287/en/wlsetup-all.exe

Windows Live Movie Maker 2012 > Choose the programs you want to install > CHECK: Photo Gallery and Movie Maker

This will install Windows DVD Maker which will itself burn .avi file to a DVD disc ready to be viewed on a stand-alone DVD player.

P.S. Windows Live Movie Maker 2012 is not compatible with Windows XP.

Movie maker. lots of guys recommend it. I guess one of these days I'll have to try it.

Last edited:
I've used avi2dvd with success as well but found that many times the disc will not work correctly so I gave it up. I believe it had something to do with the source aspect as they can vary greatly. Too bad too because it's a very simple program to use. Having to wait hours and then burn a disc which must be tossed is simply not good enough. ConvertX never fails as of late.

I don't know if Microsoft's Windows DVD Maker is better, you should test it on the same system you had a problem with since it is freeware, but I was reading this about Avi2Dvd, this may or may not have been the problem on your system + Avi2Dvd :

Note that Avi2Dvd is codec dependent so mega-codec packages may affect its functionality. Try to install the codecs that are recommended on the features section. If you have a codec problem, make sure to uninstall the unsupported codec and try reinstalling Avi2Dvd again.

http://www.trustfm.net/divx/SoftwareAvi2Dvd.php?page=Avi2DvdFeatures

That post you changed (#4) is confusing. You put a link to imgburn but a screenshot of nero. Thanks for the tip on avi2dvd but I'll probably just stick with what works for now. Plus I've used nero. That screenshot is for when you already have the dvd structured files created and need to burn them.

I edited it for clarity. He said he has Nero and asked how to use Nero then also asked if there is other free burning software (since Nero is not Free.)

It's definitely a good idea to stick with what works. :thup:

Back