• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dynatron G199 vs Corsair H60

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Weeman

I have a real dilemma on my hands; I've got some cooking processors. I don't have much experience with server hardware, hence the quandary. I have two L5640 CPUs they are really pushing the 65 degrees on the standard 1U Dynatron G199 cooler. I have the space (Zelman Z9 case) for bigger heat sinks and was wondering if going pseudo-liquid (Corsair H60) would be much of an upgrade or should I be looking at going to a full blow liquid setup.

I haven't been able to find much info on the Dynatron G199 in terms of performance specs, other than the PDFs that come up on Google.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Any server / workstation guys out there who have worked with the L5640 or Server coolers?

Thanks,

What RPM are the fans spinning at? Full load seems to be around 6000. If they aren't spinning up fast enough, that would explain why they would be running hot. Either way, those heatsinks are made to save space, rather than to move substantial amounts of heat.

Water cooling is unnecessary. Search Newegg for heatsinks that will fit 1366. There are a lot, and they are cheap. For example, this Xigmatek one is $24.

Thanks for the suggestion. I turned up the fan speed, but getting the fan up where it needs to be to cool the CPUs just makes the noise unbearable. I'm going to try the Corsair coolers and see how they compare.

Good to know. I've never used AIO Water coolers and don't know about their reliability, but I'll take your word for it.
Thanks

Definitely go with that Xigmatek that was linked or a Hyper 212.

They'll both outperform that H60, while being quieter and more reliable.

Back