• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E4300 Memory for OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sameera

Registered
I have a Intel E4300 800FSB processor and gonna buy GIGABYTE GA-965G-DS3 for that. Anyway i wanna OC this system. I am looking for some economical solution like Kingston Value Rams. So should i buy 667MHz or 800MHz RAM?
As i know since the E4300 has low FSB it OC around 3.4 while RAM in just less than 800MHz? So i can easily OC it from 667 to 800. So should i get 800? Is there any advantage? I am going to buy Kingston Value Rams with Hynix chip sets.

1GB X 2

Hi guys i am back in OCforum after years. :D Wow its going great now.

You'd probably will be limited by your o/c because I think that board has onboard video right?

You could buy a 667 mem coz if you run it at 1:1 and just adjust the FSB to 333mhz, you'll be runnning within spec. 333x9 = 2999 mhz. but its much better to buy the ddr2 800 for better bandwidth.

although I really dont know about that mobo. you could buy a DFI infinity P965-S which is cheap and overclocks great

massraptor said:
Good luck on that 3.4~3.6 OC

The best i could get with mine was 3.0

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=199634

as you can see in my CPUz dump
the only diffrence is Im using super talent memory.

It is a very nice running machine at 3.0 and for $100 on the processor it was a bargain.:beer:

Keep us posted on the Ocing you are able to get.

Massraptor

hay thanks for your reply bro, i'will post my OC results.

Retrolock said:
You'd probably will be limited by your o/c because I think that board has onboard video right?

You could buy a 667 mem coz if you run it at 1:1 and just adjust the FSB to 333mhz, you'll be runnning within spec. 333x9 = 2999 mhz. but its much better to buy the ddr2 800 for better bandwidth.

although I really dont know about that mobo. you could buy a DFI infinity P965-S which is cheap and overclocks great

hay thanks for your reply bro, so running at 2999MHz mean ram near 800Mhz since 667 can be OC to 800 having real 800 have any advantage? RAM can be OC to like 900 but can processor handle that much without water cooling etc??

As i get to know that GB 965P board is good but i am getting the on board video 965G version coz i wanna run it until i get money for a good VGA.
so having onboard VGA give any problems in OC or performance?

Other thing we cant find DFIs in here.

WarriorII said:
That mobo, & for future proofing a little (cpu upgrade)

Get these
http://www.buy.com/prod/Crucial_Bal...1000MHz_240_pin_DDR2/q/loc/101/204538864.html

You want something that will easily go 300x9 and further.

That chip & these sticks, you get it no problem.
That mobo is pretty good from what I've seen, & this memory is good too. (D9 chips)

So MAX out what ever you can get from the cpu now. :)

:attn:

hay thanks for the valuable info bro. but those ram not available here. only kingston hyper x. Anyway i am also looking for some economical OC. So mostly thinking about Kingston Value ram 667 or 800. But i am still thinking going with 800 have any advantage coz CPU going around 3.4 while ram near 800. so i can OC 667 to 800 too. here 800 ram cost lot more than 667 so thinking about that..

sameera said:
hay thanks for your reply bro, so running at 2999MHz mean ram near 800Mhz since 667 can be OC to 800 having real 800 have any advantage? RAM can be OC to like 900 but can processor handle that much without water cooling etc??

As i get to know that GB 965P board is good but i am getting the on board video 965G version coz i wanna run it until i get money for a good VGA.
so having onboard VGA give any problems in OC or performance?

Other thing we cant find DFIs in here.

Yeah, buy those ddr2-800, it'll easily overclock your e4300 much more than the ddr2-667 plus, it has better bandwidth results in sandrasoft compared to ddr2-667. Better bandwidth, better FPS in games :beer:

I've read reviews of other motherboard brands onboard video cripples its overclocking potential. But here's another problem for your future board even with a bios upgrade:

http://www.abxzone.com/forums/intel-chipsets/108888-ga-965g-ds3-new-bios-new-problems.html

If you really want a gigabyte board ( much cheaper than Asus P5B Deluxe ) if you can afford it go with the non-onboard video version. Here's an o/c guide for DS3:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1169366

cheers!

Back