• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E4300 Overclocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
brakezone, the new e6300's and e6400's are allendale as well, just like the e4300. so they clock about the same. in a choice between an allendale e6300/6400 and a e4300, i would go with the e4300 because it has the higher multi.

if one could shop around and find a retailer with a guaranteed conroe e6300/e6400 then would be the best bet, but they are getting rare.

and as a reminder, Allendales FPO starts with Q6, Conroe's starts with L6.

Right - managed to finally get it stable - 3202Mhz (356x9), it was just a matter of voltage - a leeeetle bit more (1.43v) and it's rock solid now - just finished running two instances of StressPrime and it had no errors for 3 hours, so i'm happy with that - pretty good indication of stability i think. I'll sit here for a week or so before bumping it up again. Memory is set at 5-4-4-12, 2.0v although i'm going to bump the voltage up to 2.1v (the max this board supports) and see if it'll do 4-4-4-12 at DDR-712.

One annoying thing though - in all the reviews of this board (Asus P5B-E), the reviewers had the option to change the northbridge and southbridge voltages - yet on mine, its not even there - not even ghosted out :(

Is there like a Ctrl F9 or interrupt key option to show 'hidden' values like there used to be on MSI boards?

I just ordered up my e4300, Abit AB9 QuadGT and 2GB of Gskill 2GBHK. Should be here Friday. I'll pull my current Opteron 146 stuff out and throw the e4300 in under my watercooling (Swiftech storm, D4 pump, etc). I'll update everyone as soon as I get the gear.

Jhatfie said:
I just ordered up my e4300, Abit AB9 QuadGT and 2GB of Gskill 2GBHK. Should be here Friday. I'll pull my current Opteron 146 stuff out and throw the e4300 in under my watercooling (Swiftech storm, D4 pump, etc). I'll update everyone as soon as I get the gear.
thats a setup for a 63/64 not the 4300. the cpu will max out way before the mobo will.

Evilsizer said:
thats a setup for a 63/64 not the 4300. the cpu will max out way before the mobo will.
Yeah I know. I will most likely move on to a e6420 or 6600 once the 2nd batch of price cuts hit. I just wanted a solid core to introduce me to overclocking Intel as I have been AMD only for years. Plus the Abit is only $159 after rebate at newegg, only $25 more than the Gigabyte DS3 I was going to originally get and the Gskill HK was $179, only $15 more than the next step down (GBPK) and I like the fact that they can do low latencies at stock clocks. So call my little extra expense now a small effort at not having to get a new motherboard and memory as soon as I decide to try a new cpu (which in the past, I have a tendancy to do....owned at least 8+ A64's since they came out).

fordsierra4x4 said:
Memory is set at 5-4-4-12, 2.0v although i'm going to bump the voltage up to 2.1v (the max this board supports) and see if it'll do 4-4-4-12 at DDR-712.

is this is the ram in your sig? i think you should beable to run ddr-712 with it. espe at 2.1v

i know ram is very picky about where it wants to run, but i can get my PC4200 valueselect to run at ddr-700 with 2.1v - i love it.

this thread has been a good one to follow, you guys are great at keepin' the updates flowing :)

Jhatfie said:
So call my little extra expense now a small effort at not having to get a new motherboard and memory as soon as I decide to try a new cpu (which in the past, I have a tendancy to do....owned at least 8+ A64's since they came out).
I remember this...and I remember you from the A64 DTR days, nice to see you still got one running. :D

The QuadGT is a very versatile board, good choice.

Gautam said:
I remember this...and I remember you from the A64 DTR days, nice to see you still got one running. :D

The QuadGT is a very versatile board, good choice.
Yeah I have been in hibernation a bit ever since I got my Opteron 146 (and DTR that is still going stong in my backup box) a little ways back. Hope to get on my budget overclocking horse again here though.

Well its OCZ Gold with XTC Heatspreaders...but i cant find any bloody reviews of it anywhere. Also, i'm not liking the 2.1v limit on the memory...I may go and buy the Rev2 board, that way i can change the MCH voltage as well then.

Oh, I've got the same sticks borrowed from a friend. He could never go above ~350 5-5-5, but I've got them doing 385 5-5-5 with 2.05v. I never tried anything else with them, first boot and just left them there.

Beyond 2.1v is probably dangerous with them.

fordsierra4x4 said:
You talking about the OCZ's i have in mine?

Yes he is, IIRC its the ram his freind was having a divider issue with on a 975X mobo.

Aaah. Well, i think later today i'm going to see if i can do the stock 4-4-4-12 timings at this speed. I'm still not liking the whole DDR2 latency thing, was quite used to 2-3-3-6! I know theres more bandwidth at these higher speeds but still...

is it orthos stable? i can get 3.2ghz as well but need to much voltage to get it stable.

Yep - two instances of Stress Prime for 24 hours, small FFT's.

The voltage was bumped up ever so slightly to the mentioned 1.43v (after VDroop, was 1.46v otherwise).

It's stable in games, uTorrent, burning CD's - watching 720p High Def - it just works :)

I couldnt resist fiddling with it again this morning so i thought i'd check to see if 360Mhz FSB was possible with no extra increase in voltage or change of timings.

Looks like i was successful :D

I reckon i got a really good chip here, and according to what was said before about the memory - 5-4-4-10 at DDR720 cant be all that bad! :)

Validation: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=180560

Attachments

• cpuz.png
    cpuz.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 823
Back