• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E4300 Overclocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Evilsizer said:
ok but what verision of coretemp are you using? there are some cases where the read inline with each other and some systems where they are 10c apart.

I'm currently at work and my external IP changed today so I can't remote in so I will check when I get home at 6.

I just got my e4300 up and running today on my Abit QuadGT. I am new to intel overclocking so I am still figuring stuff out. So far though, my e4300 does not seem to like the FSB over 300. My Gskill appears to be up to the task so far, running happily at 1150mhz although I have not had time to push them in terms of timings or higher speeds...yet.

I have been playing with different straps and memory ratios, but so far high FSB does not appear to be my 4300's friend.

Temps are good, 40C load while running orthos, using watercooling (swiftech storm, D4 pump, etc).

Still playing so hopefully I will figure it out more later.

add more voltage to the cpu and that should get you past 300fsb. i would suggest bumping your voltage to 1.45v.

Ive heard people claim that voltage alone can fry CPUs, then again others say to go ahead and volt all you want as long as temp is in check.

Im running 1.5V in the bios and im hitting a brick wall at 370 FSB. Shoudl I try raising V core till it reaches 1.5V displayed (after droop)?

Hmmm, so extra voltage does not help my FSB woes. I dropped the cpu multiplier to 6 to downclock the cpu in an effort to find the highest FSB I could reach, but it still seems to not like it over 290-300 FSB. I wonder if updating the bios might help. I remember when my buddy bought his opteron 146 for his DFI Lanparty UT and we could not get it above 2.4ghz. But after updating the bios...BAM, he was at 3.0ghz with pretty much no settings changed.

I'll play more tonight when I get home from work.

Evilsizer said:
ok but what verision of coretemp are you using? there are some cases where the read inline with each other and some systems where they are 10c apart.

Btw, my version of CoreTemp is .95. Also I lapped my TT today and my temps dropped 3-4C and my loads are definately less. I'm very happy.

Evilsizer said:
nothing is wrong the allendale cores require that much more voltage for their ocs then conroe cores do.

my E6400 that is a conroe core does 3ghz on stock voltage. The E4300 needs 1.475 in bios for 3ghz stable.

Did I get a good chip or something? I am at 3015MHz with 1.25 vCore. TAT has run for 10 hours, I started it before I left for work. It is still running right now. Load temps are kinda high for this setting though max at 63c, but I think this is due to having low case airflow. For reference the batch # is Q641A395

Doing better now, breached the 300 FSB wall thanks to Gautam's suggestion, which I swear I tried, but obviously did not. Had it as high as 3.4ghz @ 1.45v, but it was not stable in windows. Will try more voltage here in a bit. Trying to find what I can do stable at 1.4v in the meantime. So far at 3100mhz.

e4300_3105_test.jpg

OMG guys I hit the jackpot with this chip:beer: This is at 1.4v in the bios. I am going to try for more after work and do the CPUZ validation thing.

overclock1.5.JPG

Rider said:
OMG guys I hit the jackpot with this chip:beer: This is at 1.4v in the bios. I am going to try for more after work and do the CPUZ validation thing.

View attachment 56290

Good god, thats a great o/c. I have the same board and cant get the FSB past 370. What bios are you using? Is the board revision 1.0 or 3.3? Did you hit a wall and what did you have to do to get past it?

GuitsBoy: I will not reveal my secrets.......just kidding! It is a rev1 board. I was hoping to get a rev3.3 but got old stock I guess. So far I am really pleased with it though, it is very stable. I am running the F6 bios that it came with. I had a few driver issues but fixed them. I thought about updating the bios immediately when I got my rig running but did not. So far I have no reason to go newer. Perhaps the F6 bios is good at lower FSB, where the newer ones are better at higher FSB for conroe chips and such with lower multiplier? Or maybe it is the rev.? Or maybe it has nothing to do with it. No idea.

As far as a FSB wall goes I guess I have not found one yet. Certain settings do not work though. For example at 370x9 the board will keep rebooting then lock up. 360x9 will crash immediately when I get into Windows. 365x9 no problem Windows loads right up. Sometimes odd numbers work, sometimes even numbers work. This happens even with low settings under 3GHz. I think a lot of the reason I can clock so high is my chip though. It seems to require a lot less voltage than most ppl describe using at the same settings. Was lucky and got that one in a thousand chip that is better than most. I have been experimenting with different memory settings also. This is my first ever overclocking experience. I did a TON of research first mostly here and a few other places, but beginners luck may be something at play here as well:)

If you haven't yet you could try the F6 bios, if it doesn't work well you can just go back to what you are running now right?

Last edited:
About the highest I so far I seem able to boot into windows and do some minor benches is 3.5ghz @ 1.55v. 3.2ghz @ 1.42v appears to be my sweet spot, I am going to have orthos run tonight and see if it is stable.

3510_c2d_testing.jpg

Just a quick question - with Core2Duo's, regardless of model, do they 'burn in' so to speak? I've been running mine at 1.38v core (3Ghz) for a week or so, as it wasnt stable before. I knocked the voltage down and its now stable at lower voltages - would that constitute it burning in, or just a previous error?

more then likly a error "burn-in" to me is snake oil....like the magic wooden spikes that a magicly improve the sound of your speakers and cost $500 a pop,

Well...I think I got a bit too excited:rolleyes: I can't get past 394x9 and remain stable. I have tried upping and changing all kinds of voltages and it doesn't seem to help. I think maybe my memory is holding me back. At that speed temps are too high the way my rig is set up right now anyways. I am now at 3.2Ghz with 1.28v for everyday use stable. I can go higher with OK temps and stability, but 3.2 is plenty fast for me and more than I planned on. I also like that I am under stock Vcore and stock volts on everything else. I want this rig to last a while.
For now I will save hitting that 100% overclock for another day:)

Try a lower multiplier if your board can do that with a FSB above 400.

Evilsizer said:
more then likly a error "burn-in" to me is snake oil....like the magic wooden spikes that a magicly improve the sound of your speakers and cost $500 a pop,

Actually I think there is something to it. I should have posted in the C2D burn-in thread but I had favorable results burning in my CPU for a week. At stock voltage I was able to gain 27MHz by burning in, this was around the 3.2GHz area. I know it's hardly anything but the difference was noticable: the same setting which was 20 hours Orthos stable at the end would crash within a few minutes at the start. Nothing to do with temps either. Otherwise the system was identical and the thermal paste had plenty of hours to settle before doing it. However I think it doesn't do as much for max oc's.

Ahh.. and Vdroop mods doesn't do anything for max overclocks either :p

IF you can get stable clocks with less Vcore then your going to have less heat and higher stable clocks givin the same cooling. :p

Well when i said i was stable, this morning it proved to be incorrect. C&C3 would run, but after 15 mins, would crash. Everything else was stable though. Reboot, put it back up one notch and its all stable again. However, my temps are pretty good. Right now i'm burning a DL DVD, running uTorrent, Winamp and Firefox, and its sat at 25/26 idle, 35/36 under load :)

Back