• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E450 apu, underperforming.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There are two different settings in power options: "Plugged In" and "On Battery." Check AMD Fusion control center if you've got it. Also check windows advanced power options, "show settings that are not currently visible." I guarantee you it's there somewhere under "Plugged In." "Maximum CPU State: 50%" Or "Max CPU Clock: 800MHz"

I believe I don't have an Amd fusion control center, allthough I do have the standard catylyst control center. I have tried to find the setting which acts up with no luck. Here's a picture of both the Catalyst controll center and the power options.

Attachments

• Ta inn hele skjermen 04.12.2012 202345.jpg
    Ta inn hele skjermen 04.12.2012 202345.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 550
Um, disable C6 in the BIOS? Change the title of the thread? ;)

I am happy to report that flashing the bios worked! It can now increase its the clock to 1600 mhz whenever it needs to :D

Seems like the only browser that really likes the UVD would be internet explorer, which is a slight bummer, since..well its internet explorer. I will try updating flash on waterfox and report back :)

I am happy to report that flashing the bios worked! It can now increase its the clock to 1600 mhz whenever it needs to :D

Seems like the only browser that really likes the UVD would be internet explorer, which is a slight bummer, since..well its internet explorer. I will try updating flash on waterfox and report back :)
Adobe/AMD seem to break UVD from version to version.
I'm on linux and the last version they make/will support is 11.2, which doesn't support UVD but it's supposed to :bang head ... on Windows it should work with some versions. :rolleyes:

Glad you got it solved! :D Sounds like it was just a BIOS bug after all.

Back