• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Easy question about BIOS Settings for i5-750 on ASUS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

merkurmaniac

Hi,

I am replacing my motherboard on my built PC. The ASROCK P55 Pro is getting real flaky and I bought a replacement mobro from Microcenter today.

Here are my system specs:

System Manufacturer/Model Number
OS Win 7 64 bit sp-1
CPU Intel Core i5 750
Motherboard now ASUS P7H55M-PRO (was ASROCK P55 Pro )
Memory 16 GB Kingston HyperX (4x4GB) DDR3 SDRAM 1600mhz
Graphics Card GeForce GTX 260 OC MaxCore 55 896MB GDDR3 PCIe 2.0
Sound Card on board
PSU SLI Silencer 750W (610W continuous)
Case Antec 200 ATX
Cooling Zalman Copper CPU heat sink with adapter for 1156.
Hard Drives SSD 128 Kingston V100 & 1 TB EcoGreen F2EG 5,400 rpm SATA

I am not looking to overclock yet, but I would like to find out what I can use for stock ram and perhaps slight overclocked cpu. I see that the ram is typically limited to 1333 mHz unless you tweak it.

Please let me know what base clock to use, and what CPU and memory multipliers are used to get the ram to 1600 mHz and the CPU to around 3.0 gHz.
I have read the guides thru a few times, but they are more aimed at overclocking (of course) than at what I am looking for, which is pittiful low end overclocking.

Everything in your system looks good. As for ram, your going to have to wait for someone who knows that set. 16 GB...you plan to store entire games in that ram? :rofl:

Its good if you run it as a server tho, that would be a very lag free server :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, Overclocking won't be really necessary IMO, simply due to the fact that the cpu is relatively powerful, unless of course you build it to overclock it.

Oh, and all you have to do is adjust the multiplier to get it to run at 1600.

Back