• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EATX vs ATX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zodicus

Quick question guys. Did a google search and really didn't come up with what I needed. My motherboard is going out and I have been looking at the Asus R4 black which as an EATX board. My case supports ATX "(CM HAF-912) I am eventually going to get the 900D for my new build but don't have the coin to get both atm. Question is how are the standoff layouts on EATX vs ATX? Will I be able to buy the R4 Black and use it in my old case for the time being until I get my new one? The Expansion slots and I/O looks like they will line up on the spec sheets I was able to find.

No, you cannot use an EATX in the 912. The EATX is physically much larger than a normal ATX board.

According to the spec sheets Only an inch more in width. I got more than an inch each way on my current ATX board.

EVGA 132 SLI (current Board)
Physical Spec

Form Factor
ATX

Dimensions
12.0" x 9.6"

Power Pin
24 Pin

Asus R4 Black
Physical Spec

Form Factor
Extended ATX

Dimensions
12" x 10.7"

Power Pin
24 Pin

Here the space in the current rig

picture.php

Last edited:
The Asus R4E Black is 1.1" wider than your board. So if you have that extra width in the case, then it should be fine.

Yeah some of the consumer boards that are EATX are slightly misleading. They have to say that because they are slightly larger than the ATX spec, but in most cases it is just an inch or two wider. My eVGA Z77 FTW is classified as an EATX (no pun intended) but it's just a wider ATX that will fit in most cases.

They are pretty frigging big he he.

I have an older one in here.

I'd think it would probably fit in a HAF fine.

Last edited:
Back