• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ebay: What should I do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Even if he took the money out, PayPal would take the money from other sources.. like the bank account or credit card.. That's why they make you attach other accounts to your PayPal. I'm not going to scream at the guy if I don't even know he's scamming me, and he's been getting other positive feedback from selling other laptops, who say he takes a while to ship. I don't want to get one someone's bad side if they aren't even scamming. I'll just wait a couple more days before I do anything...

jjv687 said:
Even if he took the money out, PayPal would take the money from other sources.. like the bank account or credit card.. That's why they make you attach other accounts to your PayPal.

Paypal can't do that if there is no money in the account, in fact this method of getting ripped off is so common, it will be a cold day in hell when I buy an item on Ebay if the item does not have Paypal buyers protection logo in the listing.

Under this program, PayPal will introduce a Buyer Protection logo that will be displayed on all qualified sellers' listings. A qualified seller is categorized by his rating, and must have at least 50 feedback points and a 98% positive feedback. The seller must also have a verified PayPal account and be based in the United States or Canada.
If you buy an item especially a high dollar item on Ebay without this protection, your nuts.

Got it today. He said there was internal wireless but it's just a PCMIA card.. he added a car power adapter so whatever. But he said the screen was perfect and theres 2 light pressure spots.. Anyways.. at least I learned not to buy from <50 or <98% users... and always have Buyer Protection.

Back