• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ECS Geforce 6100SM-M Overclocking Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SP-JESTER

Registered
I am currently Running a AMD X2 4200+ 2.2ghz at 2.8ghz on a ECS Geforce 6100SM-M Motherboard. I have tweaked the most i can out of it with a Vcore Voltage of 1.31... Is there any type of Volt mod i can do To push it higher? I have a Blue Orb 2 Cooler with like 3 other fans all keeping it at a Idle 63-66F and on Max Load around 100F on each core... If i can push this any further how far you think i could go, Just let me know.

A Modded Bios or anything would be awesome!

HT Clock is in the 1000 range now so thats not a issue at the moment....

My Current Stable Specs. Source: Everest
ey6irmkv764pnank11as.jpg

IMG00006.jpg

IMG00007.jpg

IMG00008.jpg

IMG00009.jpg

Last edited:
I believe what's going on there is that there are three different sensors, one in each core and then a third right up by the processor cap (or in the northbridge?).
Under load they will generally all get to within a couple degrees of eachother, at least on the last modern AMD cpu i messed with.

I think you're doing very well for 4400+ @ 1.31 vCore! :)

Your text says you're near 1000 MHz on the HT Link but your BIOS pics are only showing 510 MHz - a 4X multiplier would be fine.

I take it the board won't let you push the vCore any higher and that you BSOD above the 255 MHz clock ...?

What's the oem voltage for this cpu? The core sensors on the Brisbane processors are notoriously inaccurate. Are those Everest temps in your pic at idle? Assuming a room temp of 70F the cpu temp looks more or less appropriate if that is at idle. What was your room temp at the time? Go with the cpu temp as when all the sensors are calibrated correctly the core temps will be within 2-4 degrees of the cpu temp anyway. If you got it up to 2.8 from 2.2 that is wonderful. I think that you may have hit a limit, though, with air.

Last edited:
yea its awesome for a dual core to come all that way from 2.2. Especially on a ECS board :) and my cpu runs cool because of the blue orb 2. Its massive and my air in the case feels cold. i just need more voltage i guess but the board cant do it unless i rip it apart and read each little solder spot to get no where.... lol

and yes 255 is where its safe and stable at. it will hit around 258 but while playing GTA IV its super laggy. Doesnt blue screen tho im surprised. But yes ht link is back at 4x. Still goin strong

Back