• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ECS KT600A cant see BIOS nor old ECS K7S5A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MohrTek

Looking for some help.

I have purchased a new (or refurbished)

1) "tested" AMD Athlon XP 3200+ 2.2GHZ 400MHZ FSB Barton - Ebay
2) refurbished ECS KT-600-A MoBo - New Egg or Tiger Direct I forgot.
3) Brand New high end NVIDIA AGP video card w/power

to replace old

1) AMD Athlon XP 2400 which has a burn mark on it, and I originally believed it was the problem.
2) ECS K7S5A MoBo which I had few problems with over 6 years or so.
3) Generic AGP video card.

Everything else remains the same.

Nothing comes up on my monitor and it appears I cannot even get to the BIOS on the new setup. Whats funny is, that the old setup has EXACTLY the same problem, and thats why I purchased a "new" processor. There are no beeps either from Mobo.

Even if i remove the DDR memory module, I get no beeps.
The power supply was also upgraded to 450 Watts and turns everything on fine. (HD spinning, video card lights up, CD-Rom drives open/close, etc)

I dont know what BIOS may be on the KT600 MOBO as I have never had it come onto my monitor. I cant flash the BIOS unless I can see it on my screen.

I also tried putting the new processor, power, & DDR onto the old K7S5A. Same result. K7S5A may not support Athlon 3200+ though.

Jumper on the new KT600 was set default to the lowest MHZ upon the original boot attempt. Since it didnt work, I changed it to the middle setting, didnt work, then the highest setting (which should be the correct one for this processor I assume) and it still didnt work.

BIOS/CMOS lock jumper is set to "normal".

I cant afford to buy another processor. I cant imagine that I actually have 2 bad processors. How can I test the new and old processors?

Not sure what further steps I can take to correct this situation. HELP! :)

Take your hardware out of the case, I had a simular problem two years ago and it turned out to be a short with the baord and the case, I had forgotten a standoff from the board I had before in the case, and the new mobo didn't have a whole for that standoff and was shorting out.

Back