• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EDI RAID helped with BF2, What about SATA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShawnTRD

I had 2 160gb EDI's on a RAID 0 before and it did improve my gaming with BF2. I think because of the very large maps. Now with my new system I have a WD SATA 250GB 16MB cache drive. Well Best Buy has them on sale this week for $100. Think It would be worth the $100? Would reather have Raptors but they cost to much per GB.

Thanks
Shawn

How much memory do you have? If you have less than a gig I would recommend buying a second gig of memory rather than upgrading your HDD's.

Especially since you play BF2 ;)

Silversinksam said:
How much memory do you have? If you have less than a gig I would recommend buying a second gig of memory rather than upgrading your HDD's.

Especially since you play BF2 ;)

I do have 2 gigs of G.Skill DDR500

I'm just looking for every second I can save in map loading time.

if your really worried about speed then that hard drive is going to improve anything over raid. if you want speed u have to pay. for a raptor/

How about gaming on a oc48 connection with 8 raptors in raid on a pci 4x controller;) Now how you would get to one of those connections I dont know. But the raid setup I mentioned has been done by a guy on this forum, cant remember the thread though. It was recent.

Back