• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eheim water pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boanerges57

Registered
so I have this eheim water pump.

It is 120V and includes a 12v relay to turn it on with the main system power.

It came with a an inlet of 1/2" or maybe slightly larger and a 3/8" outlet - I have put a 3/8 inlet on it.

Im working on a build and have all the components i need except they wont fit in my current case (no room for even thin rads with fans)

Are these pumps still considered decent? I have found little information on this pump. I believe it is possibly a 1046 but the inlet thread was g1/2" and that makes me think it is an 1100 series. It works well but it is not new - i bought a bunch of watercooling stuff from a pc recycler. I got a ton of random stuff (like a complete koolance Exxos A01 Watercooling kit with cpu (socket 370) and gpu (on a radeon 9800xt) blocks) and this eheim pump.

i began in watercooling in the late 90s and have used pond pumps predominantly but im no longer scavenging parts from junk yards or soldering my own surlyjoe beehive so im trying my best to get up to speed on what is current in the field of water cooling after what must have been close to a 10 year hiatus.

The rest of the system is as follows:

XSPC cpu block

EK 290x waterblock

Alphacool 45mm 2x120mm radiator

Unknown full copper 60mm 1x140mm radiator

3/8 x 5/8 tubing and compression fittings

I have:
FX6100 that runs a 0.05v overvolt for 4.5ghz under an h60 and tops out around 67C

XFX r9 290 reference @stock frequency -3% power profile

8GB Teem Extreme 2400mhz running at 1866 9-9-9-24

gigabyte 990fx-ud3

Seagate 750GB hybrid drive

Samsung 750GB F3 HDD

Have you tested any of the cooling parts yourself ? If they work, it sounds like you need to get an accommodating case and enjoy playing plumber for a day; or three.:p

As someone who has worked with aquariums professionally I can tell you that Eheim (usually) makes a quality pump. I have seen garbage from them though in the last 5-10 years. Their quality has dipped. Their cheaper parts are really not high quality any more and even their more expensive parts are not as well made as they once were. I hope this post is somehow helpful :).

I used my old Danner Mag3 for years before upgrading to the newer style. Those old pumps like the Danner and Eheim that we used to use still work but take a ton more room than the newer pumps, but as long as it still works properly I would think it is still an option for a budget build. If you have the funds, I would suggest you get one of the newer styles though. Also, if you need a bunch of room, the Phanteks Enthoo series cases are huge and will fit pretty much any build you can think of.

update: I just snagged an unused swiftech d5 vario for $45 so this pump may not even get used in this build. I also looking at a black ice radiator to give me a bunch of overclocking headroom.

Wow, this thread brings back some memories. Used Eheim pumps a lot back in the day,

They were a lot stronger than what we see today in the designer water cooling sites.

Anyone remember the remember the Dishwasher block :rofl:

Back